1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to post, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Check out what I bought for $150

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Johnalex, Sep 20, 2001.

1. Johnalex

Johnalex

Jul 20, 2001
    South Carolina
    I was siting in Pre-Cal and the guy siting next to me played bass, he quit playing and he wants to sell his gear. So I said I would look at some of it.
    He had this Peavey 400 series Amp, and a Peavey 1X15 cab. The amp has a crap load of knobs. It was a damn deal!!!!! Hey and does not sound that bad, the mids are awesome. So I bought it, sweet deal!!

2. Luis Fabara

Luis Fabara

Aug 13, 2000
    Ecuador (South America)
    Audio Pro - Ecuador
    Peavey 400?
    You mean the Classic 400 TUBE HEAD?
    !!!!!!!
    If so.. MAN:: WHAT AN AWESOME DEAL.

3. Bass Guitar

Bass Guitar Supporting Member

Aug 13, 2001
    If you bought a Peavey Classic 400 all tube amp for $150, then you have made a great deal - they go for at least 4 times that. And that's without the cab.

4. brianrost

brianrost Gold Supporting Member

Apr 26, 2000
    Boston, Taxachusetts
    Naw, he got a 400 series...precursor to the old style MkIII and MkIV heads.

Still a good buy for $150. That thing will run forever (it's already lasted about 25 years!)

5. ZuluFunk

ZuluFunk Supporting Member

Apr 14, 2001
    Pennsylvania
    400 watts at $150 bucks? I don't care if its a sears-roebuck amp, as long as it works you got a great deal.

6. pmkelly

pmkelly

Nov 28, 2000
    Kansas City, MO
    That just strait-up ROCKS! The best thing about Peavey gear is that you can't break the stuff.... I have an ancient Combo 300, that sounds cool and is heavy as hell, but I have done just about anything to it, and it doesn't skip a beat... it also has too effects loops, one pre-eq and one post-eq, which I thought was pretty trippy.... You got a great deal! Enjoy...

P@

7. Johnalex

Johnalex

Jul 20, 2001
    South Carolina
    yeah it is not a mark series, tube amp, it is solid state, but I sure wish it was tube!!. But it is prety cool, the distortion on it sounds amazing. I pluged the cabinet thru my Yorkville 200 watt combo and it did not sound to good, I don't think that was enough power. Ohh yeah the kid was selling that and a MIM Pbass for $400