1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Check out what I found on my local classifieds

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by 6foot5, Apr 27, 2010.

1. srxplayer

srxplayer

May 19, 2004
    Highland, CA
    It's really hard to say without knowing the details of the amps. I can say that my old church sold a system similar to that (not Peavey) for $300.00 and they were happy for someone to come haul it away. If you are interested i would probably offer them half of that. All of that stuff is out of production.

2. 6foot5

6foot5

Apr 14, 2010
    Ontario, Canada
    Not interested, was just curious. Thought that kind of equipment would demand a fair dollar $$$

3. It's apparently worth $800

4. 6foot5

6foot5

Apr 14, 2010
    Ontario, Canada
    Not until someone gives it to them :p

5. Looks like my old bands PA from 20 years ago............

Don't miss moving that thing in and out of clubs at all

6. Hi.

When working, it's a decent old-school PA setup.

2 CS800's that need work. Good luck with that :).

The mid-bin dust-cap seems to be torn and while it's quite normal on those aluminium caps, chances are that the driver is blown.

I guess that the used PA gear is as difficult to find in Canada as it is in Finland, so the deal may sound tempting. If You can test the stacks with working amps and a cross over (You absolutely need that), it's a deal I could jump into (and I plain hate Peavey). Assuming that everything works, obviously.

As cool as it looks (to me anyway), do You have the means to transport all those cabs?
    And do You have the muscle and strong backs to carry and set-up the rig?

Regards
    Sam

7. rbonner

rbonner

Sep 25, 2008
    Pretty normal mid - smaller mid band setup. Those old CS-800's were the workhorses of just about every band in existence in 1980. I still have a pair of the much later versions CS800S those are switching supplies and super modern 1200W bridged at 4 ohms. or 400W at 4 ohms stereo.

Those old ones can be fixed cheap and work great worth $150 working each, worth nothing broke. The speakers are all alright and would haul with a couple working 800's.

If the big horns are still good they are excellent items. Depending on the drivers in them.. If I was in the market I'd show up with $800 and start dealing. A guy with $500 in the hand.

BOB

8. Looks like my bands PA from 30 yrs ago, and yes I don't miss moving that crap at all.:spit:

9. MNAirHead

MNAirHead Supporting Member

I toured the world for years with this exact setup (models cabs etc)

NEVER had a failure.. would blast for days.. .. this is a very big setup for most venues..

It did take up a ton of xport space.. was heavy

IF you wanted to look impressive and/or do outdoor gigs.. this is the stuff.

If you're playing corner bars and weddings lots o stuff for this

10. MNAirHead

MNAirHead Supporting Member

looks to be late 80s-90