Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Check out what I just picked up on Ebay

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by vlad335, Nov 21, 2003.

1. vlad335

vlad335 Supporting Member

Apr 14, 2003
    Latrobe, PA
  2. JayAmel

JayAmel Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 3, 2002
    Aurillac, France
    I believe that's a nice deal, Vlad. Congrats !

3. Nick Gann

Nick Gann Talkbass' Tubist in Residence

Mar 24, 2002
    Silver Spring, MD
    I have the EB 210 and 212. They aren't sold anymore. EB stopped making them when they didn't sell as well as predicted. All of the ones in eBay are sort of NOS, selling for VERY cheap, all procedes benefitting the Casey Ball foundation (kidney research).

4. congrats...I have two of those bad boys.

5. Nick Gann

Mar 24, 2002
    Silver Spring, MD
    BTW- the 212 lists for $1,050.

6. JMX

JMX Vorsprung durch Technik

Sep 4, 2000
    Cologne, Germany
    Actually they were not built by EB, but by the guys from Markbass in Italy http://www.markbass.it/ - great stuff

7. Sweet! Even better. I know the bassist for Yanni uses Markbass. Aswome tone for an aswome player.

8. Nick Gann

Mar 24, 2002
    Silver Spring, MD
    Where did you hear this?

9. vlad335

Apr 14, 2003
    Latrobe, PA
    Wow! I can't wait to get it.

10. MJ5150

MJ5150 Terrific Twister

Apr 12, 2001
    Lacey, WA
    if it is brand new, and from the EB factory, why is there no waranty?

-Mike

11. vlad335

Apr 14, 2003
    Latrobe, PA
    Yeah that makes me wonder. Price is too frickin good though.

12. They're not keeping parts stock that would be necessary for warranty repairs. If you don't stock replacement drivers, crossovers, grilles and other hardware, you can't perform repairs.

It's a shame the cabs never hit well on the retail market. From what I understand, they were distrubted mainly through Guitar Center while I worked there, but I never once saw one in any of the stores near me even though they were featured in the sales catalogs. They couldn't even be special ordered. Something funny went on there, and given what I know about GC's relationships with some of its other vendors I'd venture that Ernie Ball probably got the short end of the stick. This isn't blind speculation, BTW. I was a manager.

13. marklinca

marklinca

Nov 11, 2003
    So Cal
    A couple of possible reasons the cabs tanked in the marketplace might be found in the specs -

Weight = 95 lb. = ouch!
    (Aguilar GS212 is 70 lb, others typically 75lb)

Sensitivity = 96 dB = uses a lot of power for a given volume (GS212 is 103 dB)

However, the "high end" big cabs are not uncommon to be heavy and power hungry. For instance, look at the Ampeg PR-410HLF - it is a monster (129 lb, 96 dB) but it also sounds incredible (in my opinion).

The ultimate verdict will come from your ears. I think the 6" driver will give it some punch/cut-through that some 212s seem to lack (or so I have read on this forum).

For $350, it is certainly tempting.

14. JMX

JMX Vorsprung durch Technik

Sep 4, 2000
    Cologne, Germany
    I read it in German magazine Gitarre&Bass www.gitarrebass.de

This is not uncommon btw, Eden's all-tube head was designed (and built?) by Koch in the Netherlands. http://www.koch-amps.com/

15. Boozy

Boozy

Apr 29, 2002
    Kelowna BC, Canada
    Now if I could just find one in Canada to match up with my HD-210.

Nice cab.

Discounted, the 2-10's went for 250.00 the 2-12's went for 350.00 so you got as good of a deal as I have seen thus far.

16. vlad335

Apr 14, 2003
    Latrobe, PA
    I just ordered a HD210 cab from them Direct.

$250.00 plus 35.00 shipping my friends. WooHoo! Both cabs will be here next Thursday.

I have never heard a bad review of these cabs. Well... Maybe the weight is a downside for some but I dont care about that. We shall see.

Full review and pics to follow.

BTW: There is another 2X12 listed on ebay...