Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Check out what I won.

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by bryan bailey, Dec 2, 2004.

1. Figjam

Figjam

Aug 5, 2003
    Boston, MA
    Im guessing you like the TBC you already have?

2. Anti_Wish

Anti_Wish

May 14, 2004
    Boston, Ma
    ehh.... i no likey. seems kinda how to i say cheep. the company is TBC or "The Bass Company" thats like OLP being officiall licensed product. kinda bland with no thought whatsoever in it.
    it looks like its in good condition, and a little over priced, but congrats... hope it is good instrument and have fun

3. I LOVE my TBC.

And in comparison with the real deal... The TBC SMOKES THEM!

Every Stingray I have played was secondary to mine.

And the people selling it have a return policy, so I'll be quite set, even if I don't like it.

4. TBC Stingray 5! Nice...

But it's not a wishbass :crying:

5. Bryan R. Tyler

Bryan R. Tyler TalkBass: Usurping My Practice Time Since 2002 Staff Member Administrator Gold Supporting Member

May 3, 2002
    Connecticut
    Thank god. I'm bringing the TalkBass Wishbass to the CT/RI get-together next week so everyone can bask in its awfulness.

Neat bass, Bryan. Think you'll have it by next week?

6. That's awesome and terrible news about the Wish.

But about the TBC, I honestly don't know if it'll be here in time, I'm going to send the money order for it tomorrow, so that'll take about 3 days to get there, and I don't know about the shipping so...

But I'll have my four string back for it, so it's all good.

7. TBC actually made some cool stuff. i played one a year or so ago.. definitely not "cheep". if i woulda had ducats i woulda bid on this one too.. nice score!!

8. Fret Boiler

Fret Boiler Pity World

Apr 12, 2004
    Purdue University
    Hey, did you win the girl and the puppy too?

9. Unfortunately no.

I was kind of hoping on that and the wall of guitars and half stacks.

But I'll take what I get.

10. Bryan R. Tyler

Bryan R. Tyler TalkBass: Usurping My Practice Time Since 2002 Staff Member Administrator Gold Supporting Member

May 3, 2002
    Connecticut
    You guys will all have to sign the Wish as well.

I should have my new bass by then for everyone to try as well....

11. Bryan R. Tyler

May 3, 2002
    Connecticut
    Did anyone else notice the freakish guitar on the wall next to her? Four pickups, GIANT tremolo, and f'ed up headstock :confused:

12. LajoieT

LajoieT I won't let your shadow be my shade...

Oct 7, 2003
    Western Massachusetts
    DAMN, Now I *Wish* I could make it there. I would have tried harder to re-arrange my shcedule if I knew TB Wish #1 was going to be there. TB Wish #2 is moving again and hopefully won't get lost before it has a chance to do me some harm

{I'm a sadistic type...}

13. j-raj

j-raj Bassist: Educator/Soloist/Performer Staff Member Supporting Member

Jan 14, 2003
    Atlanta, GA!