1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

check the ohms?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by mr.mow, Sep 13, 2010.

1. mr.mow

mr.mow

Feb 11, 2009
    Melbourne
    Endorsing Artist: BBE/G&L Basses
    I did a search and couldn't find what i'm looking for..

I bought some cheapo nasty cab off ebay last year.. one of these 'made in china clearance centre' jobbies.. its a cute little 4X8 'MAXTURBO' Bass cab, it was $50.

Its actually built ok for a chipboard cab.. Now.. It says on the back its 8Ohm, each speaker says its 8Ohm.. it also says its max handling power is..

wait for it..

4000WATTS!!!! WOOOOO..

Ok.. can I somehow check if it IS actually 8Ohm?, I mean, it says its 4000W, there is no way it is.. I'm a little nervous about what Ohms it may actually be.

2. NateS

NateS

Sep 22, 2009
    Richmond, VA, USA
    you can do it with a multimeter but i'm not quite sure how, not too good with them. you can open it up, see what the speakers are, and trace the wires to see how they're wired.

3. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Mar 6, 2021