Check this bass out..

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by zink182, Feb 22, 2006.

1. New clue what kind of bass that is, but it makes me wish I had fretless chops.
  2. Figjam

Aug 5, 2003
    Boston, MA
    Wow , wth, is this on some 'COOLieZ VIDZ LIST" this week or something. This is the 3rd time in the past week or two.
  3. LajoieT

LajoieT I won't let your shadow be my shade...

Oct 7, 2003
    Western Massachusetts
    Been posted almost weekly for the past 2-3 months. Very cool concept, assumption is that the frets "roll" and have a flat side that ends up even with the fretboard. Sounds nice to me, but fretjobs would be $$$$$. IIRC it's in the $3k range.
  4. J.Wolf

J.Wolf Supporting Member

Apr 29, 2003
    Asheville, NC
    I haven't seen that before, thats pretty sweet!!
  5. Oh man.. again.. it's starting to get old... real old too...

It's a Mikey Guitar Fretted to Fretless (and back again) bass that can be viewed on their page...

and be bought on eBay for around a nice cool $3k.. Which on the other hand, would get you two really nice fretted and fretless basses.

6. still freakin cool though
  7. there really cool but not for tehre insane price tag.... you could buy a fretless bass and a fretted bass that are just as quality for the same price, if not under that price.
  8. Plus judging from the pics and descriptions, they're not really in the the same league as other boutique basses in that range. I bet they could do a lot more business if they sold premade necks, ala Warmoth. Either that or keep up with other basses in the 3k range, let alone $1500 basses.
  9. bassmonkeee

bassmonkeee Supporting Member

Sep 13, 2000
    Decatur, GA

Well, of course you could, but you couldn't switch from fretted to fretless and back to fretted, could you?

Not saying I have any interest in buying one, but you poeple are really missing the point. I can imagine being a session player, or something, and really being drawn to one bass that can be both fretted and fretless without changing any settings on the amp, or re-micing, or setting levels for a new bass, etc....Time is $$$.

For playing in a bedroom, yeah--it's a bit much to spend. But, I don't think bedroom boy is their target market, do you?
  10. Baryonyx

Baryonyx Banned

Jul 11, 2005
    Marathon Man
    Zink, you should know that because you saw this on MX, it was here at least 2 weeks earlier, thats just how things work.
  11. Mark Wilson

Mark Wilson Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jan 12, 2005
    Toronto, Ontario
    Endorsing Artist: Elixir® Strings
    For the love of God can a mod make that damn bass a sticky!?

12. +1 :D