1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Check this ebay gem!

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by WayneS, Feb 27, 2008.

1. phxlbrmpf

phxlbrmpf

Dec 27, 2002
    Germany
    Looks pretty neat, reminds me of my first bass which was an Epiphone P/J bass (and pretty horrible). I even like the unusual-ish headstock shape.

P.S.: it's fret "wear", you might want to fix that typo.

2. Interesting how he talks about the stickers saying it was set up in the usa by Epi. Maybe the originally imported guitar the neck was on was set-up or inspected here.....
    Are those Gotoh tuning heads? That would explain the(possibly significant) "G".... What part of this bass is Gibson? Speaking of "wasting time", he sure wrote a lot to the heckler. How does one truly "appraise" a frankenbass? I just go by what I spent on the parts of the ones I build. I would never be able to recoup my (fun) time building them. Oh, well, I'll put it on my watch-list to see what the Flea-bay public thinks of his "gem".
    BTW, that headstock is HIDEOUS. Kind of like a chopped bat-wing....Four bids and still under a buck! Now THAT's appreciation!
    Josh