Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

check this fender out!

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by cecile, Jul 4, 2005.

1. Looks like a Tele bass with a J pickup added real close to the bridge. I think those basses are really expensive, and, of course, Japanese market only. Must cost a heck of a lot to get one over here... Cool looking bass.

2. Wow that is sick! They make those now?

3. Funky Tune

Funky Tune

Apr 28, 2005
    Puerto Rico
    wow looks nice...very nice :eek:

4. tplyons

tplyons

Apr 6, 2003
    Madison, NJ
    Wonder if Ishibashi can get them...

5. Thats not fair, They have 4 options of the Aerodyne, I wouldn't mind a red one. Although I keep seeing aone on ebay. For $700 BIN.

6. I've seen one or two of those in Australia. We seem to get a lot of the Japanese only market instruments down here.

Try http://www.derringers.com.au

7. Thanks for the link Southpaw, I recently saw an Ibanez telecast style bass and i fell in love, went back to ebay 30min later and it was gone :crying:

8. Jimmy P.

Jimmy P.

Apr 5, 2005
    Tokyo, Japan
    This is a new product: Thinline Bass Special. It has a hollow chambered body, and features a Hot Rod-B neck pickup and traditional Jazz style bridge pickup layout. It has a string- through-body bridge to give it a "heaviness, bluesy sound."

(After opening the link, click on the thumbnail second row down from the top, left-hand column)

9. princeadr

princeadr

Apr 29, 2005
    Used to have a late 70s Telecaster bass. It was a bitch to play and weighed a ton. Unfortunately I sold it before I started realizing instruments might be worth something in the future as an investment (I also sold a 65 Hofner club bass).

10. scottz0369

scottz0369

Mar 1, 2005
    Oahu, Hawaii
    Both of the basses pictured are available over here. The white one is a signature bass of a Japanese punky sorta guy. There's a 4 string version too. They come with vinyl stickers you can put on to make it look just like the artists.
    I have one of the Japanese market Aerodynes--it's "candy apple red" with black chrome hardware, a heavier bridge and no pickguard. I paid around $550 for it. Theres a picture at http://www.talkbass.com/forum/showthread.php?t=173026&page=2&pp=20 -- it's the last post. It's just like the all black US market ones, only in red. The red ones that frequently appear on Ebay are the lower-end model. The main difference is that it has a pickguard, chrome hardware and a lighter bridge. They sell for around 4-500 bucks (depending on the exchange rate) here.
    My experience with music shops over here is that the Japanese stuff is very reasonably priced, but things from anywhere else are crazy expensive. I played a Warwick Double $$ yesterday that was marked at almost 2500 dollars, and a US Fender bass can't be had for less than $1500.
    The shop I go to has a Steve Harris Sig for 650, though. It's a little backward here.

Scott in Okinawa

11. Nice bass, Scott. I like the Aerodyne in red. Your dog is adorable.

12. scottz0369

scottz0369

Mar 1, 2005
    Oahu, Hawaii
    Thanks for the compliment! I was torn as to which bass to get, but I decided to go with Fender and also get something not avalible in the States. What a great bass. I'm glad I chose that one.

The dog looks better now that the mohawk has grown out....

Scott