Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Check this ink out

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by MAJOR METAL, May 7, 2004.

1. MAJOR METAL

MAJOR METAL HARVESTER OF SORROW Staff Member Supporting Member

My next tattoo is going to be a web like that with Metallica art in it.

2. Benjamin Strange

Benjamin Strange Commercial User

Dec 25, 2002
    New Orleans, LA
    Owner / Tech: Strange Guitarworks
    I personally think the skull n' dice thing has been done far too many times.

Now this is cool:

[​IMG]

3. Against Will

Against Will Supporting Member

Dec 10, 2003
    Big Sound Central

Agreed, skulls/skeletons, flames, dice, all is cliched and it's kind of lame. It seems people just get them because they look cool, which is a stupid reason to get a tattoo I think.

The Megaman's a great idea, though it isn't all that great of a representation. Maybe it's just that particular photo.

4. MAJOR METAL

The idea is todo a big web like in the first pic and have Metallica icons in it , so it wont exactly be like that.

5. Stu L.

Stu L. Supporting Member

Nov 27, 2001
    Corsicana, Texas
    I prefer the one Hetfield has on the inside of his right bicep. The one that has "Faith" written like the Ford logo, with the angel wings. That's a cool tat IMO.

6. MAJOR METAL

I have the same tattoo http://www.talkbass.com/forum/showthread.php?t=116654

7. hateater

hateater snatch canadian cream

May 4, 2001
    Eugene, OR
    You must really like Metallica...

8. MAJOR METAL

I do very much :bassist: :bassist: :bassist:

9. Blackbird

Blackbird Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 18, 2000
    California
    [​IMG]

I don't wear tatoos but I know a guy whose arms are completely covered by them.

I agree that the dice are used a lot, but can you imagie a Metallica member wearing the other tatoo? They don't have the same impact.;)

10. Jaye

Jaye

Jan 30, 2004
    Portland, OR
    No offense Major but maybe you should come up with some tattoo ideas of your own and leave Hetfield out of it.

11. ass_9

ass_9

May 4, 2004
    Im getting a wristband when I turn legal age for tatoos and peircings.

12. Scott D

Scott D

Apr 21, 2003
    Minneapolis, MN
    Metallica Sucks.

13. MAJOR METAL

I have already, the only idea i am borowing from James is the the outside web.

14. Joe Turski

Joe Turski

Jul 29, 2003
    Connecticut
    m
    I have a couple.........

15. Joe Turski

Joe Turski

Jul 29, 2003
    Connecticut
    m
    A couple more.......

16. Hategear

Hategear Workin' hard at hardly workin'.

Apr 6, 2001
    Appleton, Swissconsin
    Maybe the people that get 'em are really into skulls and skeletons. Not everybody with a skull tattoo is a wannabe, you know. I have skull tattoos all over the place. I enjoy drawing and doodling them and I collect actual skulls as well.

I used to have a Metallica Club Magazine that featured a question and answer section with James and Lars. One of the questions was, "Do you guys have any tattoos? Would you ever get tattoos?" James' reply was something like, "No, I would never get tattoos, because I don't believe in permanently marking my body. I had my nose pierced once, but it got infected, so I took it out." I guess people's views change, but every time I see one of James' new tats, I think of that response. Yet another reason I lost all the respect I once had for Big M. If I happen to run across that magazine/article, I'll post it here for you.

BTW, I think tribal tats and "stripper tats" are overdone and trendy, but if their recipients are happy with 'em, it's not my place to tell 'em otherwise.

17. MAJOR METAL

Are they your Children, very nice.