1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Check this out, disrespect to US military :(

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by pathdoc2, May 3, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pathdoc2

pathdoc2

Oct 16, 2002
    McKinney, TX
    I was in Portland yesterday finishing up a vacation. Our flight was cancelled and I stood in line behind a US soldier on his way back to Afganistan. Turns out we were all stranded overnight in Portland. The soldier and I were talking about what we might do while waiting for our rescheduled flight. He told me the only clothes he had were his uniforms so he couldn't go downtown. When I asked him why he stated if he went downtown in his uniform people would spit on him. The story broke my heart. What the hell is going on in this country.

2. TortillaChip520

TortillaChip520

Jun 3, 2008
    AZ
    If he went downtown with his uniform and an M16, people would think twice.

3. Bassist Jay

Bassist Jay

Dec 28, 2009
    Sterling, CO.
    Endorsed by K.B. Guitars, Nordstrand Audio Pickups, Von York Strings and Gallien-Krueger Amps.
    That is ashame to hear! I have the utmost respect for all of our men and women who have served in the military past, present and future. And to all of you reading this who have served, Thank You!

4. Lurker79

Lurker79

Jul 3, 2008
    Hayward, CA
    Those same people that spit on him have no concept of liberty. They are not free, they are the ones in prison.And most have no concept of having to fight for what is. All baddies have to die. That is that.

5. While I agree spitting on people isn't cool, neither is killing people.

6. Lurker79

Lurker79

Jul 3, 2008
    Hayward, CA
    I think killing bad guys that deserve death is incredibly cool. I bet that makes ladies melt.

7. to me it's not about being free or whatever.

THE GUY IS READY TO DIE TO SAVE YOUR ASS. If the war he's in is right or wrong doesn't change a thing to my eyes, they follow orders. The guy that is in the military and is ready to die for the country and that deserves respect by itself. I'm really really opposed to most wars, but soldiers impress me. If you think the situation is bad in USA, just think about how it is for Canadian soldiers...

8. No one deserves death.

9. This was all I needed to read in order to be completely unsurprised by the rest of the original post.

10. Lurker79

Lurker79

Jul 3, 2008
    Hayward, CA
    Mental freedom to think for yourself is where I was going with that. Spitters are like zombies.

11. Happynoj

Happynoj

Dec 5, 2006
    UK
    I like turtles.
    I'm with Username. I know that it's not a popular opinion, but I disagree with what the military do. People say 'even if you don't support the war, support the troops'. In my opinion, by supporting the troops you ARE supporting the war.

12. Lurker79

Lurker79

Jul 3, 2008
    Hayward, CA
    And then some. I support our troops and their efforts, whether our leaders have given them the right orders or not. *** would happen if someone spit on the person giving the orders?? HAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAAAAAA....shots fired.

13. pathdoc2

pathdoc2

Oct 16, 2002
    McKinney, TX
    "No one deserves to die"? Are you serious?

If someone raped and murdered you wife, mother or sister, that person wouldn't deserve death?

14. Happynoj

Happynoj

Dec 5, 2006
    UK
    I like turtles.
    Yeah, sounds like a zombie. Personally I prefer the mental freedom to judge each action on it's individual merits, and then decide whether or not I support it and/or the people involved with it.

I don't know what this means... :confused:

15. spitting on a soldier should result in one free boot up the arse in my book.

16. Lurker79

Lurker79

Jul 3, 2008
    Hayward, CA
    Ok, well here in America, most of us have individual rights. Criminals and asshats get those rights taken away. Sometimes they die doing really stupid stuff, and their death is welcome to everyone surrounding him, that's the funny part. If someone spit on the leader, the consequences would be dire. Don't you know how "it" goes? This is the way it "is".

17. Happynoj

Happynoj

Dec 5, 2006
    UK
    I like turtles.
    a) IMO, death is never funny.
    b) The leader of what?
    c) You're still not making sense.

18. MakiSupaStar

MakiSupaStar The Lowdown Diggler

Apr 12, 2006
    Huntington Beach, CA
    I don't care what your politics are, you don't express them that way.

19. Lurker79

Lurker79

Jul 3, 2008
    Hayward, CA
    Oh my jesus, I know you're from the UK, so I'll spell it out for you.

A) IMO, death is funny, especially if you had it coming.
    B)Whoever gives orders is the leader.
    C)Who said anything about sense?

20. The death of the rapist/murderer wouldn't bring back my wife, mother, or sister. Nor do I believe they would want another being to die of unnatural causes. Most of the times I don't like to make generalizations. I prefer to judge things on a case by case basis, but murder is pretty much never cool.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.