Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Check this out! What is this guy thinking?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by fourstringbliss, Jun 7, 2005.

1. Check out this Ebay post: Avatar B410

Dave sells these things new from his website for $339 with the same shipping! What is this guy thinking?

2. DaveDeVille

DaveDeVille ... you talkin' to me ?? Supporting Member

Ebay = "Buyer Beware "...

3. rockindoc

rockindoc Daily Lama

Jan 26, 2002
    Bonham, Tx
    He's thinking no one looks at feedback ratings.

4. He's thinking that we're idiots! I'm pretty sure that when most people scan Ebay for bass cabinets they have them in order from least expensive on up (at least that's how I do it). In that case you would scan past other B410's that Dave himself is selling for less than a starting bid of $350! I guess if someone doesn't take the time to do some research and buys it for $350 they deserve to get ripped off!

5. and check his email address, pfft!

6. karrot-x

karrot-x Banned

Feb 21, 2004
    Omicron Persei 8
    Beat me to it, but I'm gonna say my thing because I thought it was clever.

______

Slipknot_God987@hotmail.com ... no need to explain.

7. tplyons

tplyons

Apr 6, 2003
    Madison, NJ
    And sheesh, even got a negative from 99volts.com. I have a positive from them, they'll leave a positive for anything!

8. TheChariot

TheChariot

Jul 6, 2004
    Boston, MA
    :: DEVIL HORNS ::

"SLIPKNOT IS THE ALLKNOWING CENTER OF THE UNIVERSE! SINCE I PLAYED SLIPKNOT ON MY STEREO, AND THIS CAB WAS IN THE SAME ROOM, IT IS NOW WORTH 25% MORE!"

9. I'm just surprised, because whenever I sell something on Ebay I check to see what others are selling the same thing for, and then try to undercut their price so mine will sell. He's not even undercutting the new, from the factory B410 on the manufacturer's website!

10. tplyons

tplyons

Apr 6, 2003
    Madison, NJ
    Because barely used with no warranty is just as good as new!

11. No, it's obviously better than new - it costs more!

12. embellisher

embellisher Holy Ghost filled Bass Player Staff Member Supporting Member

I was going to post 'What do you expect from someone with the email address Slipknot_God987?'

:rolleyes::D:cool:

13. TheChariot

TheChariot

Jul 6, 2004
    Boston, MA
    I'm gonna be so bothered by that....

...... probably all night.

I think I'm gonna email him...

And say....

"Hey Dude. I'm selling a Schroeder 1210. It'd definately be an upgrade from that Avatar if your interested. I'll get it go for $1000................ plus shipping. Email me back at GoodCharlotteWonderBoy@Trendyrock.com"