Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

check this out!!!

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by lesfleanut, Mar 28, 2002.

1. lesfleanut

lesfleanut Guest

Sep 25, 2001
    Syracuse N.Y.
    Has anybody ever heard of these. this thing is going for extremely cheap. It looks realy nice. But the question is, does it sound nice? has anybody played one of these. here is the link here it is . I dont know, it makes me wanna blow all of the money that I have saved for an amp. im scared:eek: :confused:

2. ChenNuts44

ChenNuts44

Nov 18, 2001
    Davenport, IA
    what's up with the girls? do you get them too?!? (j/k)

3. lesfleanut

lesfleanut Guest

Sep 25, 2001
    Syracuse N.Y.
    lol, mabey...

4. geshel

geshel

Oct 2, 2001
    Seattle
    :rolleyes:

Looks like Galveston has some competition. . .with an Ed Roman-esque twist.

5. lesfleanut

lesfleanut Guest

Sep 25, 2001
    Syracuse N.Y.
    did you see how much the buy in now is.

6. Selta

Selta

Feb 6, 2002
    Pacific Northwet
    Total fanboi of: Fractal Audio, AudiKinesis Cabs, Dingwall basses
    Whereas I have never played these, I do know someone that owned one. It sounds kind of bottom-heavy but the highs can still cut through if you can EQ it on your amp. The one he has though has P/J pickups as compared to that one though. It feels very comfortable on your shoulder and has a very nice neck...He only has had it for like six months or so though so I don't know how well they hold up in the long run...

7. Selta

Selta

Feb 6, 2002
    Pacific Northwet
    Total fanboi of: Fractal Audio, AudiKinesis Cabs, Dingwall basses
    I hate it when they try ot sale something by putting 1/2 naked women in with their product advertisements! I think that makes the company less reputable.

8. ChenNuts44

ChenNuts44

Nov 18, 2001
    Davenport, IA
    it's on ebay too. that's just ridiculous...

9. lesfleanut

lesfleanut Guest

Sep 25, 2001
    Syracuse N.Y.
    I agree with you. I just makes it look like the product doesnt look good enough so they have to put a half naked women next to it.:rolleyes:

10. Blackbird

Blackbird Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 18, 2000
    California
    This guy's been posting auctions like that for months.

11. lesfleanut

lesfleanut Guest

Sep 25, 2001
    Syracuse N.Y.
    posting auctions like what.

12. More naked women! That's what we need!

13. geshel

geshel

Oct 2, 2001
    Seattle
  14. geshel

geshel

Oct 2, 2001
    Seattle
    I'm sure whoever owns the copyrights on those pictures wouldn't be too pleased with him . . .

15. lesfleanut

lesfleanut Guest

Sep 25, 2001
    Syracuse N.Y.
    what a moron, I like the looks of his basses though check out his website, his guitars look realy nice too. I wonder why there so cheap. here is the link raven guitars .
    P.S. It looks like he owns the copyrights to those pics. look on his website and theres a section for the "raven girls" or somthing like that. it tells what there hobbys are and stuff.

16. geshel

geshel

Oct 2, 2001
    Seattle
    That's what I figured at first - that he also ran a modeling agency or something. But then I noticed that one of the "Raven girls" was that Victoria's Secret model. . .

17. old_skool

old_skool

Aug 17, 2000
    Milwaukee, WI
    A friend of mine bought a guitar by that company. It looked nice but he said it was a total P.O.S. Funny thing is he bought his off eBay too...

18. lesfleanut

lesfleanut Guest

Sep 25, 2001
    Syracuse N.Y.
    yea but for that price you could mod the crap out of it. I bet it would be a nice bass with some mods. what did your friend say he dident like about it?

19. the half naked girl thing is a bit tacky, i agree...they should be completely naked!

20. Carrillo

Carrillo

Mar 29, 2002
    Ontario, Canada
    You are probably better off saving the cash.