check this out

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Irie01, Jun 24, 2002.

1. Irie01

Jan 22, 2002
    Alright, I went to guitar center today to test out the feel and sound of several different basses. First thing that I found. Therer is a major tonal difference between a MM Sterling rosewood fb and a MM Sterling Maple. More so than any other bass I have ever played. I have a maple and the rosewood I played was much different. I must say that I prefer the sound of the rosewood I played even though I own mpale. I played a Fender jazz, MM Stingray and I must say that I love them all. I am really not one to discriminate against basses(except for warwicks, I personally can not stand them). Sitting on the rack was the most ugliest yellow fender precision deluxe that could have ever been made.I plugged in this bass and oh my god, it must have been the strongest,deepest,loudest, thunder I have ever heard come out of a bass I have played. This bass straight pumped. It was used so I am not sure of the year it was But I would like to find out. If it was not that disgusting yellow it would be at my house right now. It had the normal precision pick ups and also what looked like a mini humbucker by the bridge. Id like to know if all precision deluxes have this pick up.Anyone that plays a precision please give me some info about the bass.Is the precision deluxe active? Also, is it possible to have a bass body re-painted and finished?How much $ are we talkin if this is possible? Just thought Id share my experience with everyone and Im glad to say that I know what my next bass is going to be:)
  2. ldiezman

Jul 11, 2001
    I played a lakland one time, it was this lime green color, at first glance I thought It was ugly. then after playing with it and looking at it, i began to appreciate the color, now I wish I had bought it, but being in the midst of a new rig, i didn't.. oh well.. maybe one day.