Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Check this out!

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by Woodchuck, Apr 20, 2003.

1. Woodchuck

Woodchuck

Apr 21, 2000
    Atlanta / Macon (sigh)
    Gallien Krueger for the last 12 years!
    There's this local band here called The Chronicle, that has a pretty good following. They're doing a gig this Friday, but their bassist, Avery, no longer plays with them, so they had to get a sub for this gig. I hear the guy is pretty good. A Marcus somebody.

Oh yeah, Miller! That's his name, Marcus Miller! Head of him? :D I'll be checking that out on Friday.

2. john turner

john turner You don't want to do that. Trust me. Staff Member Administrator

Mar 14, 2000
    atlanta ga
    where are they playing?

3. Woodchuck

Woodchuck

Apr 21, 2000
    Atlanta / Macon (sigh)
    Gallien Krueger for the last 12 years!
    The Atlanta/DeKalb Center. I think it's off of Buford Hwy, near Clairmont Rd.

4. Tsal

Tsal

Jan 28, 2000
    Finland, EU
    I heard that Mr. Miller is also coming to Finland's Pori Jazz festival, perhaps I'll be heading there to check him out..

James Brown, The Roots, Jamiroquai and John Pattitucci (can't remember with who he is) are there too amongs couple dozen other names, so it could be worth it :cool:

5. Sounds like a good show! It makes me sad that I mostly don't get to see any acts like that come through my neck of the woods, but I can keep wishing. Hopefully someday I can get to see Marcus, his music blows me away, and I'd love to see him live.

jtbp