Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Checked out a Sadowsky Metro yesterday

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by MAJOR METAL, Jan 30, 2004.

1. MAJOR METAL

MAJOR METAL HARVESTER OF SORROW Staff Member Supporting Member

I had the pleasure of having Roger show me and let me play a 24 fret 5 string metro line bass. Friends if your eyes were closed you would think it was a NYC Sadowsky, same high quality and great customer service that comes with it. The only diffrence i observed was that their will be no toggele switch on the bass just a pull/push for the preamp on to passive.I got mine picked out for about Christmas this year, 24 fret trans blue with ash/maple combo.

2. gotta get me one of those!!! :bassist: :bawl:

3. Nino Valenti

Nino Valenti Commercial User

Feb 2, 2001
    Staten Island NYC
    Builder: Valenti Basses
    The NYC models haven't had the mini switch for a few months or so. :)

The black one you tried is calling my name. :bassist:

4. JPJ

JPJ

Apr 21, 2001
    Chicago, IL
    I've been plotting and scheming as to the specs I'm going to go with...will be placing my first Metro order on Monday morning for about a half-dozen or so. Thinking about getting a good mix to start with...several vintage models, an even number of 4s and 5s, maybe a 24 fret model, etc. The problem is going to be waiting until they're ready (June '04). ;)

Do I smell a poll-a-brewin'? Something along the lines of "which Sadowsky Metro would you chose"? :D

5. That's great news! Of course, I wouldn't expect anything less than excellent work with Roger's name on it.

Major - Did you see the splat bass? ;)

Jeff

6. MAJOR METAL

Jeff i didint see your bass, when is it going to be finished. I did see a chunk of wood and i asked Roger if your bass came from that but it was not.

7. MAJOR METAL

It sure was a nice bass i hope your able to get it, it's to bad we keep missing each other next time i will try to cordinate with when your in.

8. MAJOR METAL

This some good stuff now everyone can decided if they want a metro reduced size body and specs or a full size jazz bass with single coils and bass boost.From What i have seen the ash/maple basses comming from tokyo have some great grain to them.

9. Should be soon, I think. No hurry, though. I'm still deciding on a fretboard wood. I'll probably do with maple.

Jeff