Checking out MD/DE Eastern shore area for gigs

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [DB]' started by rahokanson, Aug 4, 2009.

1. Hey fellow bassists, I'm thinking about moving to the Eastern shore of Maryland/DE (I can stay with family for sometime) and search out gigs in areas such as DC, Baltimore and hotels/restaurants etc. in towns on both the Chesapeake bay side and the ocean side. I've been playing both electric and upright over 30 years, from big band to pop/rock and jazz. Don't mind going on the road if its worth it.

Given that gigs are slow everywhere, does anyone have any experience in the last few months on what the playing environment is in these areas? Both in-season and off-season. Or who the key contacts are for getting connected.

Thanks.

RaHokanson

2. There's a fairly active jazz scene in the Washington area, which you wouldn't be far from. Check out the club ads in the City Paper and in the Friday weekend section of the Washington Post. Don't know what the hiring situation is but all of those places have to come up with bands to fill their bills. Hit a couple of those places, hang with some of the players and I'd think you'd soon get some great leads.

Good luck.

3. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Aug 3, 2021