1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Checking that this set-up will work (and b g8)

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by pseudo7, Aug 10, 2007.

1. pseudo7

pseudo7

May 6, 2007
    Right so getting round to finally upgrading amps so my flea bass can sound fantastic and finally over come the loud drummer!

Here's the plan:
    Crest CA-9 - the flea bass has a preamp in it, so no need for a pre-amp? (what about effect pedals does this adjust the signal volume)

going into --> GALLIEN KRUEGER 410-RBH 4 Ohm - its a good (relitively) cheap cabiniet that tops out at 800 watts. (will it be able to connect 2 the crest or does it use a different cable - i'm not sure cos gk amps have separate amps tweeter and bass)

and a finally poweramp question... bridged and stereo does this mean that if it produces 900 watt stereo in stereo mode? and if you change mode you get the full whack.
    or stereo can output to 2 cabinets 900 watt each?

Or should i scrap the idea play it safe and get a 1001-2 rb and connect it to the aformentioned cabinet. to take full advantage of the cabinet.