Chemical warfare in Germany!

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by JMX, Jul 12, 2002.

1. JMX

JMX Vorsprung durch Technik

Sep 4, 2000
    Cologne, Germany
    Damn, I'm usually pretty resistant to G.A.S. - but I can't help it this time:

Le Fay Pangton 4-String wenge body, padouk neck, incl. powersupply, incl. case, gebraucht (used), neuwertig (like new/mint) 1.900,00 €

2. neptoon

Jul 25, 2000
    summerville, sc
    i woudl really dig trying out one of those pangtons. and that wenge looks really cool. sweet bass
  3. Woodchuck

Apr 21, 2000
    Atlanta / Macon (sigh)
    Gallien Krueger for the last 12 years!
    Hey, Wyzard, the bassist for Mother's Finest, plays those. Great sounding bass. I just can't get into headless basses.
  4. JMX

Sep 4, 2000
    Cologne, Germany
    Yeah, Wyzzard plays one.
    There's a version with headstock available, called Capone.
  5. Brendan

Jun 18, 2000
    Austin, TX
    Shwing! Cool bass. I don't like headless basses, but that ones cool enough to make it on the short list of basses w/o heads I can stand. Cool beans.
  6. Bass7755

Bass7755 Supporting Member

Oct 27, 2000
    Roanoke, Va.
    Man, I really like that bass!! Really a good way. Love the wood! If it only had one more string.
  7. Nick man

Nick man

Apr 7, 2002
    Tampa Bay
    I want it!

WOW, Only things that could make that any cooler would be a wenge neck, and one more string.

8. JMX

Sep 4, 2000
    Cologne, Germany
    Yeah, that's my problem too (also the price is a little high - new it's under 2500).
    The shape also looks much better with 5 or especially 6 strings.
  9. malthumb

Mar 25, 2001
    The Motor City
    Interesting.....single cut without really being single cut. I kinda like it.

10. Beautiful wood! Love the body shape on that.

Bet you would look good with that! ;)

11. RS

Aug 27, 2000
    Cleveland, OH
    Nice finish......ugly shape.
  12. Aaron

Jun 2, 2001
    Bellingham, WA
    I like it. I'd love to play one, but i've never seen a le fay around here. That store also has a cool looking marleaux. I've never seen wenge with that redish/orangish color.
  13. JMX

Sep 4, 2000
    Cologne, Germany
    Yeah, that Marleaux is nice too!

14. geshel

Oct 2, 2001

Dear lord if that thing (Marleaux) was a 6-string I'd be on a plane for Germany right now. . . :)
  15. Brendan

Jun 18, 2000
    Austin, TX
    OH SWEET JEBUS! That Marleaux is possibly my favorite top ever on a bass...I mean it's got the coolest shape as well, and...duh...ghuaaaaa....wwhuuuua doobbbbbb

At this time the brain of one "Brendan" has been shut down due to a visual overload. Subject will remain speechless, possibly aroused, for the next few minutes. Please let the neural capacities reboot before attempting conversation
    Thank you for your patience.
  16. wow.

Simply speechless.
  17. That Le Fay is incredible! I saw some Le Fay's at a music store in Koln about 10 years ago, but I was pretty young then and too intimidated to pick up one of them (they were 5 and 6 string models). I do wish I would have tried it.

Anyone sell them in the States?
  18. Sammy

Aug 31, 2000

What a great music store! Fodera, Ken Lawrence, F bass, Warwick, Elrick, Zon, MTD, Lakland .......

I've got GAS just from the website, I would get into some powerful trouble in there :D
  19. Brad Johnson

Brad Johnson Commercial User

Mar 8, 2000
    Gaithersburg, Md
    Boom Bass Cabinets, DR strings
    The nice thing is that Marleauxes are just as nice to play as they are to look at. Excellent basses.