Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Chevelle Bassist update

Discussion in 'Bassists [BG]' started by spectorbass83, Jul 5, 2005.

1. spectorbass83

spectorbass83

Jun 6, 2005
    canada
    For the Chevelle fans out there, check this out -

"CYBERSPACE - Chevelle bassist Joe Loeffler is sitting out the band's summer tour. Bandmates Pete and Sam Loeffler say in a statement that after three years of touring, Loeffler is taking a break to be home with family. They say that as his brothers and bandmates they respect his decision. Former Filter guitarist Geno Lenardo is filling in for the tour" (http://news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&u=/ap/20050701/ap_en_mu/chevelle_loeffler )

I didn't know Geno plays bass! Think he will be able to fill the shoes of Joe Loeffler? I really dig his tone, and hope he comes back soon.

2. Looks like the road finally got to one of them. I had heard that the brothers fought a lot, and maybe that, combined with the stress of being away from friends and family, finally got to him. I can't say I blame him, those guys worked really hard to get where they are.

But they replaced him with a guitar player? :scowl:

3. Matt Till

Matt Till

Jun 1, 2002
    Edinboro, PA
    I'm glad they didn't "joke" about doing a national bassist search. I absolutely loate Disturbed for their little "Oh we're going to pick a fan to play bass for us... nah... just kidding, we'll get a bassist from another famous band."

4. rockstarbassist

rockstarbassist Banned

Apr 30, 2002
    The Woodlands, TX
    Endorsing Artist: HCAF

Just remember who did it first, now... Limp Biscuit! ;)

But I thought it was a little silly.

I wonder if Korn is going to do the same to replace Head?

5. spectorbass83

spectorbass83

Jun 6, 2005
    canada
    There is some conflicting information here - I have heard from several sources that "Former Filter bassist Geno Lenardo will take over Loeffler" (as per www.krockradio.com/). :eyebrow:
    Could they be reffering to Frank Cavanaugh :confused: ??? Because that would make a hell of a lot more sense! Wish the media would get their facts straight before making announcements!

6. they got rid of head?

7. adam on bass

adam on bass Supporting Member

Feb 4, 2002
    New Braunfels, Texas
    Endorsing Artist: Spector, GK, EMG and D'Addario
    It was the new era "Willy Wonka Golden Ticket" kinda thing. I bet they sold thousands of albums that month. It was a good move, I went, I was a sucker. At least I already owned the albums and didn't spike the sales.

DIDN'T MEAN TO HIGH JACK.

8. Phe

Phe

May 30, 2005
    Oulu, Finland
    Head found God and quit. Now he is good and apparently batsh!t insane (just my opinion..)

9. adam on bass

adam on bass Supporting Member

Feb 4, 2002
    New Braunfels, Texas
    Endorsing Artist: Spector, GK, EMG and D'Addario
    Head Found God

What a band name!

10. rockstarbassist

rockstarbassist Banned

Apr 30, 2002
    The Woodlands, TX
    Yeah he got saved. Quit the band and the cash and all that entails. Supposed to be working on a new project. I'm interested to hear it.

11. Brendan

Brendan

Jun 18, 2000
    Austin, TX
    I'd hardly call The Union Underground famous...and, as I recall someone said he stood in line just like everyone else did.

12. rockstarbassist

rockstarbassist Banned

Apr 30, 2002
    The Woodlands, TX

Yeah the guys did Ozzfest just one year, and then some local shows for a year or so after then and called it quits. It was a great album (An Education In Rebellion- gets much rotation from me!), but that's all they did. And I forget the guy's name, but he was a local working bassist, doing the Austin club scene when he got picked. He probably got picked for his style of playing and proven ability to endure life on the road. I think I saw one of the bands he was gigging with, and they were pretty kickass.