1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Chi-Sonic Users !!!

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by frankegcbass, Jul 25, 2012.

1. I had the darkstar gas for a while. I settled on a Lakland Skyline Decade w chi sonics. Recently I played a Darkstar'd P bass. Hands down, I like my chi-sonics better. Is there any other chi-sonic users out there? There was a few threads when they first came out but none that are still going. This is my main bass, curious if anyone else has chi's in theirs. If so, what pedals or heads do you find sound best with them. It's been an ongoing experiment , while some od/s and fuzz pedals sound great, others just don't vibe with the chi's at all. I'll start by saying the best od/distortion has been the fuzzrocious rattail. Of course I love the Rat sound, but that pedal really shines with the chi's. However some pedals like the TAFM sounded great with my P bass but not so good with the decade. Anyone else have any input on Chi-Sonics?

2. Marial

Marial weapons-grade plum

Apr 8, 2011
    I've never heard an example so I don't even know what they sound like, with or without pedals/fuzz. How would describe the dry sound of these pick ups?

3. No one, huh?,Kinda proves my point. I know they are out there, I'm just surprised that they aren't more popular.
    Marial, they are a take on the old bi-sonic pick-ups, but with a new twist. Very mid focused. A lot of tone options. Especially in the decade bass, with the pick up placement by the neck. It gets a nice, warm Eb-3 type sound. But could also do a punchy P bass vibe. They do a great job cutting through the mix. Especially with distorted guitars and what not. Surprised that more people in heavy bands don't use them

4. travep

travep

Apr 16, 2010
    Austin, TX
    Old thread but just came across it. Am thinking about mods for an old Washburn semi-hollow. I think it would show off the Chi-sonics ideally. What are your thoughts? Also, where do you get them? Why is there no listing of price for them on the Hanson site?