1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Chic fans unite

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by Vorago, Mar 8, 2006.

1. Vorago

Vorago (((o)))

Jul 17, 2003
    Antwerp, Belgium
    Anyone else here a fan of Chic?

They don't write basslines like that anymore in mainstream music :)

Their music really makes me happy, which is good.

(what a incoherent post :meh: )

2. Chic are one of my very favourite bands. It is most unfortunate that they got relegated in many people's minds due to the disco backlash. If I am ever able to play the bass line on 'Everybody Dance' I will be a happy man. Bernard Edwards was a great bass player and it was a tragic loss that he died so young.

3. Alvaro Martín Gómez A.

Alvaro Martín Gómez A. TalkBass' resident Bongo + cowbell player

Every time I heard "Le Freak" on the radio back in '78 I wanted to scream and my heart started to beat faster. What a catchy tune! Then "Good Times" came and it was another enjoyable tune. I can proudly say that I have both original "C'est Chic" and "Risqué" LPs plus the "Live At Budokan" CD (Bernard Edwards' last performance). I feel sad every time I listen to Bernard saying "I've got the Tokyo flu" after being introduced.

4. JimK

JimK

Dec 12, 1999
    Drummer Tony Thompson also died too early.

I like Chic...hearing tunes like "Sao Paolo" brings back memories of a life not yet stressed-out.
    ;)

5. Good Times...Funkiest bass line ever.

6. I like good times, but that is the only song i know by them!

7. didier

didier

Aug 4, 2005
    NC
    I have been to three pretty fancy weddings in the last few months, and at the receptions for each one the bands played at least a couple of Chic songs.

From what I saw on the dance floor, EVERYONE is a fan of Chic.

8. Woodchuck

Woodchuck

Apr 21, 2000
    Atlanta (Grant Park!)
    Gallien Krueger for the last 12 years!
    "My Forbidden Lover"!!!!! Check it out, you'll thank me later!