Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Chic fans unite

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by Vorago, Mar 8, 2006.

1. Vorago

Vorago (((o)))

Jul 17, 2003
    Antwerp, Belgium
    Anyone else here a fan of Chic?

They don't write basslines like that anymore in mainstream music :)

Their music really makes me happy, which is good.

(what a incoherent post :meh: )

2. Chic are one of my very favourite bands. It is most unfortunate that they got relegated in many people's minds due to the disco backlash. If I am ever able to play the bass line on 'Everybody Dance' I will be a happy man. Bernard Edwards was a great bass player and it was a tragic loss that he died so young.

3. Alvaro Martín Gómez A.

Alvaro Martín Gómez A. TalkBass' resident Bongo + cowbell player

Every time I heard "Le Freak" on the radio back in '78 I wanted to scream and my heart started to beat faster. What a catchy tune! Then "Good Times" came and it was another enjoyable tune. I can proudly say that I have both original "C'est Chic" and "Risqué" LPs plus the "Live At Budokan" CD (Bernard Edwards' last performance). I feel sad every time I listen to Bernard saying "I've got the Tokyo flu" after being introduced.

4. JimK

JimK

Dec 12, 1999
    Drummer Tony Thompson also died too early.

I like Chic...hearing tunes like "Sao Paolo" brings back memories of a life not yet stressed-out.
    ;)

5. Good Times...Funkiest bass line ever.

6. I like good times, but that is the only song i know by them!

7. didier

didier

Aug 4, 2005
    NC
    I have been to three pretty fancy weddings in the last few months, and at the receptions for each one the bands played at least a couple of Chic songs.

From what I saw on the dance floor, EVERYONE is a fan of Chic.

8. Woodchuck

Woodchuck

Apr 21, 2000
    Atlanta / Macon (sigh)
    Gallien Krueger for the last 12 years!
    "My Forbidden Lover"!!!!! Check it out, you'll thank me later!