Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Chic Tablature -- "Everybody Dance"

Discussion in 'Tablature and Notation [BG]' started by chunk, Nov 3, 2004.

1. chunk

chunk

Nov 3, 2004
    Hi there...just registered and desperate for the bass tabs for 'Everybody Dance' by Chic

Cheers Guys

2. Ian Slemming

Ian Slemming

Apr 9, 2008
    Found some tab for this song?

3. AlexG

AlexG

Jan 14, 2005
    The intro goes something like this:

|----------3-5-5-5----------3-5-5-5-|----------3-5----------3-5---------------|
    |------------------------------------|------------------------------------------|
    |--3--3-3-----------3--3-3----------|--3--3-3---------3-3--------3-0-3-2-1-0-|
    |------------------------------------|------------------------------------------|

|------------------------------------|--3-3--------3-----------|
    |------------------------------------|-------------------------|
    |---------0-----------1--------------|--------1-1-------1-1-1-|
    |--4---------------------------------|-------------------------|

Edwards plays bars 2 and 4 a little diffrently each time, so feel free to improvise. The song is played at around 130bpm, so it'll keep your fingers busy.:bassist:

Hope this helps

4. Shor

Shor

Jul 22, 2011
    Necrobumping this...because I am a bit curious about this song.
    How would you guys finger the first bar?
    When I (try to) play it I tend to fret the C on the A-string with my index finger, and then for the A# on the G-string I "jump down" with my index finger and fret that.

Does anyone finger this differently?
    I guess you can either bar the 3rd fret with your index finger, or fret the 3rd fret on the G string with your middle finger...but neither of those feel as natural to me.

I'm fairly novice when it comes to the bass, so I am working at this really slow now, and I just want to make sure I don't start off with a fingering that will be inefficient as speed picks up.

edit: Actually now that I played it again, I realise I am kind of using my index as a bar, but I roll my finger so top part of index is muting the A and D-string, and middle bit of index is fretting the G-string.. still open for suggestions and advise though!

5. Ian Slemming

Ian Slemming

Apr 9, 2008
    Hi guys!
    Thanx for the answers.

6. 21niko21

21niko21 Supporting Member

Jun 7, 2009
    Colorado Springs
    The August 2010 issue of Bass Player has a complete transcription and analysis.

There's also a great and unique youtube cover here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RnBJWwK4kks

He goes over the chucking technique and plays along to backing tracks he made himself.

7. syndroam

syndroam

Sep 30, 2009
    Hellas
    I was searching for a tab myself, there is nothing.

This is the first tab I've ever made, hope it helps you.
    I did this on notepad and when I paste the lines are broken so here you go:

[​IMG]

8. Whousedtoplay

Whousedtoplay

May 18, 2013
    TEXAS
  9. If anyone wants this let me know.

10. Thanks for the mention of my book. I actually do not supply my books to Amazon as they offer an appalling deal for authors, so you'll never be able to get it from them - despite what they say!

It's available through my own company - www.basslinepublishing.com

Cheers
    Stuart

11. Tupac

Tupac

May 5, 2011
    Bumping this thread, a lot of wisdom in here, especially in that video.