1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Chicago area: Paying it fwd> RB1001, 200RCB, Acoustic 4x10

Discussion in 'For Sale: Amps, Preamps, and Cabinets' started by johnp352, Mar 14, 2013.

1. johnp352

johnp352

Aug 19, 2005
    Chicago
    Endorsing Artist: Rick Turner, GK
    I've been fortunate to have become an endorsing GK artist, and I am replacing my older GK gear with a new rig. I have a few pieces left that I'd like to sell, all in good working order. The "paying it fwd" bit is about the price. I really wish I could just give these to someone who needs them, but as I can't afford to (because I play bass for a living ;)), the best I can do is to offer them at a really low price. And following along with the idea of not a lot of $$, I'd like to keep this in the Chicago area if possible. The two heads I could probably ship, the Acoustic cab... no way.

SOLD 1) My spare GK 1001RB..been through a lot, but tested out strong- in the last 6 weeks of gigs, I was using it as my #1. It's missing the Gallien Krueger badge and little chrome arms on the front, and is about an honest 7/10 cosmetically. the control pots could use a cleaning. But it keeps on ticking..these heads are truly the Keef of amps. It resides in a pretty sturdy rack bag thing, which provides padding as well. I am thinking $325 for the amp in the rack.

2) Ancient-found-on-an-archeological-dig Gallien Krueger 200 RCB head. I got this for a small rig to toss in my bicycle..it's the head version of that little combo they made. 100 GK watts. built in limiter, contour and surprisingly good chorus, which I never use. Knob for said effect is missing- it's all the way up as is, you can turn it on/off though. Some great points about this head-10lbs..TWO count em TWO di's on the back, which effectively makes this a potential stereo DI..and the fab GK eq of course. Someone needs this..$100.

3) Acoustic B 410 speaker cabinet. Yowsuh 8 billions watts of room shak..what this really is..is a good sounding 4x10 w/ switchable horn sealed bass cab. 400 watts, 8 ohms..removable castors..I have played shows with this, but I always am going through the mains too..ANYWAY..it works as well as it ever did..how's $125 sound?

I have a 50's Lake Placid Blue CV squire bass for sale too, $225, look in the basses section.

I'll be taking pics a little later, the amps/cab are scattered all over rehearsal spaces.

If you know a kid or student or maybe retiree who wants to fire it up again..anybody who is on the short end of the $$ thing..please fwd to them. If there's no action here, it's going to Craigslist in a week or so, at these prices they will be gone. But..I thought I'd try here first..TB is full of some very nice people.

2. johnp352

johnp352

Aug 19, 2005
    Chicago
    Endorsing Artist: Rick Turner, GK
    bumparoo..one more week before craigs list..a few tire kickers, but nothing else. times are tough.

3. MarkA

MarkA I believe in countermelody. Supporting Member

Sep 26, 2008
    PM on the RCB.

4. odarellmc

odarellmc

Jul 8, 2012
    Chicago
    posting pictures...