Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Chicago area stores?

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by Metallideth, May 23, 2004.

1. Metallideth

Metallideth

Feb 19, 2004
    I'm not looking for damn internet deals or anything any more, i need to go to a store witha great variesty and try them all. Every store i seem to go to has 100+ guitars 20 basses. and 2/3 of one endorsed company. I'm looking to buy and need the help of you fellow TB'ers

2. HeavyDuty

HeavyDuty Supporting Curmudgeon Staff Member Gold Supporting Member

Jun 26, 2000
    Suburban Chicago, IL
    What are you looking for, and what part of the metro area?

3. Metallideth

Metallideth

Feb 19, 2004
    any stores witha good bass selection in southern chicago suburbs area.

4. Metallideth

Metallideth

Feb 19, 2004
    bumpage

5. BillyB_from_LZ

BillyB_from_LZ Supporting Member

Sep 7, 2000
    Chicago
    Buy a plane ticket to Seattle and go to Bass NW. Or Florida and shop at Bass Central...or hop in the car, drive to DeeTroit and visit Low Down Sound.

I've only been to Bass NW and it will make your head spin.

Haven't hit too many shops in the City...how about Make'n Music (or however you spell it)? Flynn in Evanston?

Not usually much at Music Go Round.

You seem to detest Guitar Center and Sam Ash.

I haven't been to Roselle Music in a long time.

Midwest Buy and Sell on Irving Pk Rd, just west of Austin in the City has an interesting inventory of used and vintage basses.

Ever go to Woodwind and Brasswind in South Bend, IN? Hit the Indiana toll road and exit just past the store. They have a varied selection IIRC.

Contact JPJ here on TalkBass...he runs Blueberryhill Basses or visit the Luthier Access Group.

Forgive my rambling and grasping at straws...

6. farboozle

farboozle

Apr 18, 2000
    Fairfax VA
    Are you looking for a particular brand? Between GC and Make'n Music, you'll hit a lot of basses, better than a lot of people have access to.

7. Metallideth

Metallideth

Feb 19, 2004
    no, not any particular brad im just in the market, but i really appreciate the last two posts ;)