1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

CHICAGO BLUES FESTIVAL IN GRANT PARK JUNE 8 2012 - ANYBODY GOING?

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by 5StringBlues, Jun 3, 2012.

1. Hey Chicago TB'rs!

I will be at the festival all day on the 8th and was hoping to meet as many Chicago area TB'rs as possible that day.

Meeting TB'rs when we are out on the road is always something I look forward to,so give a shout out in this thread if you are playing the show or are going to be there.

http://www.chicagobluesguide.com/events/chgo-blues-fest/chgo-blues-fest-2012-page.html

I will be playing with Friday's headliner,Texas Johny Brown,but will be there all day checking out as many acts as possible!

5SB

2. bumpus

3. el bumpo

4. 'Met 5String, it doesn't live up to the hype' bump.

:bag:

5. It? :eyebrow:

6. Yeah, but your moobs are magnificent!

7. Oy........................

8. :hyper:

9. Look man,you're mucking up my perfectly good thread that everyone is ignoring.......

10. Sorry.

*hangs head, shuffles slowly off...*

11. Not yet

Not yet

Mar 26, 2012
    Fly in every year. Be sittin under trees left side Crossroads stage. If you know Hambone the Blues DJ just look for him, be sittin chair on his left

12. Don't know him,but I'll look for ya!

:bassist:

13. tomdarch

tomdarch

May 28, 2012
    I grew up in and still live in Chicago (in the city), and Blues Fest is probably the best of the city's free annual music fests - it's big enough that it's got great energy and attracts great acts, but it isn't overly crowded or packed. Even if you aren't a huge blues fan, the vibe, the quality of some of the performers, and being a great excuse to be on the lakefront in early summer add up to make it well worth your time and effort.

(That said, we've got a 9 week old, so I'm using my "but, honey, I'll just be out for a few hours..." ticket to go see Prometheus (huge Ridley Scott fan!) so I won't be there...)

14. Last bump.

Baby dontcha wanna go?

15. Funky Ghost

Funky Ghost Translucently Groovy

Have a good show man ! I'm hoping at some point you make it to the west coast. :)