1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Chicago CL Pedulla Penta Buzz $950

Discussion in 'Hot Deals' started by Fred312b, Dec 7, 2017.

1. Fred312b

Fred312b Proof that gear doesn't make you a better player Supporting Member

Apr 23, 2002
    Chicago, IL
  2. morrisonhendrix

morrisonhendrix When the music's over, turn out the lights... Supporting Member

Aug 14, 2009
    near Dallas, Texas
    Any local TBers willing to help a brother out on this?

3. bearhart74

bearhart74

Feb 26, 2009
    He has sincer changed the price to 1200

4. dave79

dave79 Rest well Fish Supporting Member

I hate it when people pull that. Also, he's wrong about it being early made by Mike unlike now, actually kinda the opposite since in 1992 he had a bunch of people making them in his shop and now it's just him making them.

Last edited: Dec 8, 2017
  5. morrisonhendrix

Aug 14, 2009
    near Dallas, Texas
    Yeah, I noticed that. But if it's good shape, I'm interested.

6. dave79

I'd be a bit wary of this dude, he's saying some things I know are wrong and some I'm pretty sure are wrong also, the pickups and knobs I don't think are original from 92. If I were to buy this without any way of getting a refund I'd make sure the truss worked, the neck had no twisting and that the epoxy on the fingerboard was intact and level, and those tests aren't necessarily in the wheelhouse of the average TBer to be blunt.

7. bearhart74

bearhart74

Feb 26, 2009
    the pickups are most likley not stock as pedullla has been using barts for ever.
    Perhaps its a custom build?
    but the knobs are the same style as on mvp/buzz basses.

8. morrisonhendrix

Aug 14, 2009
    near Dallas, Texas
    Excellent points. I'm going to blow it off. Not worth the risk.

9. dave79

It's a deluxe, which at the time was the middle build of the bass, so definitely not a custom. There's a thread on here somewhere explaining the differences.