Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Chicago GTG

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by Warwickthumb, Sep 19, 2005.

1. Hey fellow Chi town bassists,
    I've read some posts about get togethers. How about a chicago GTG? Im a little over an hour away, and I love going as much as I can. Not sure what we can do. I don't know any famous luthiers so maybe no tour. I got it!!! We can all go to Guitar Center. Haha lets how they react to all of us pluggin in basses at the same time. Seriusly though, anyone else up for it?

2. i thought lakland was in chicago?

3. jive1

jive1 Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member Commercial User

Jan 16, 2003
    Alexandria,VA
    Owner/Retailer: Jive Sound
    Yes it is. So is Elrick.

4. Even better!! I've been gasing for some of those elricks. Dig the laklands too. So are you guys up for this in the near future? If I can get enough yes's then we can go from there. +1 for Elrick.
    Joe

5. Sigh... I'm not getting much feedback here. Come on guys NYCs seemed to be a success as well as the others. Let's show em how the Chi town area boys (and girls if any) do things. Actually I'm opening it up to anyone who can make it to chicago. I want you all to know I am 110% serius about this. Theres alot I'm sure we can do.

6. jive1

Jan 16, 2003
    Alexandria,VA
    Well, I tried something like this but it fizzled. I'd be down with trying again, but I'll be only available on the weekend of Oct 15th.

Also, if you post something like this in Off-Topic, you'll get more responses.

7. Well hey man thats quite a drive! But hey if your up to it! Ok ill try moving it there too. Thanks

8. jive1

Jan 16, 2003
    Alexandria,VA
    I grew up in Chicago, and my family and friends are still there. I find excuses to go there quite often.