1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

"Chicago (IV) - Live At Carnegie Hall"

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by zombywoof5050, Apr 8, 2006.

1. zombywoof5050

zombywoof5050

Dec 20, 2001
    OMG, this newly remastered 4 cd set is absolutely phenominal!

I've long been a fan and have loved Chicago's I, II, and V, and I've always held out on getting IV because it costs so much. Well I finally got this one, and the bass tone and playing on it are blowing me away.

Go out and get "Chicago At Carnegie Hall" asap, you won't be dissapointed.

2. JimK

JimK

Dec 12, 1999
    I bought it the Tuesday it was re-issued....had the LPs since way back, wanted to update to cd for awhile; didya ever see what the prices were before this re-issue came out? Like $200+. Gougers!

Chicago's Live In Japan is the next one I'm hoping gets re-issued...it's the same era as the Carnegie Hall band...pricing for this OOP album is also sky-high.

Anyway, Live At Carnegie Hall is a must for fans...some bonus cuts, too. I can handle a couple versions of "Sing A Mean Tune Kid", can't you?
    ;)

3. zombywoof5050

zombywoof5050

Dec 20, 2001
    Absolutely!

4. JimK

JimK

Dec 12, 1999
    Looks like it's just you & me, Zomby...no pun intended.

FWIW, iTunes actually has Live In japan as a 'partial' album...looks like Track 20 is missing.
    Anyway, the album is for sale on a per song basis(kinda sucks...I picked up the entire AWB & Ben E. King album for $7).
    Live In Japan has some kick ass moments...even though "Questions 67 & 68" is sung by Cetera in Japanese(?).
    Also, Cetera sounds like he's playing a Fender Jazz.

You can sample 30 seconds of each tune at the iTunes' store.

5. jerry

jerry Doesn't know BDO Gold Supporting Member

Dec 13, 1999
    I've been too lazy do dig out my vinyl, should probably go get the CD so my lazy ass doesn't have to turn the sides over.;)