1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Chicago jazz.........

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [DB]' started by Greg Clinkingbeard, Aug 17, 2007.

1. Greg Clinkingbeard

Greg Clinkingbeard

Apr 4, 2005
    Kansas City area
    KC Strings
    My wife and I are moving our son to Chicago this weekend. Arriving Sunday and leaving Tuesday. I kinda doubt it, but are any of you guys playing either Sunday or Monday nights? We are staying in Oak Park.

Could you maybe recommend a spot for us.

2. Marc Piane

Marc Piane

Jun 14, 2004
    Chicago
    Bummer. I've got a private gig Saturday, a acid jazz thing Sunday downtown, and I'm playing at a wine bar in Brookfield which is close to Oak Park on Tuesday.

This place is pretty close to you.

3. Marc Piane

Marc Piane

Jun 14, 2004
    Chicago
    Green Mill - Organ Trio on Sun. Patricia Barber on Mon.

Green Dolphin - closed Sun. No live music Mon.

Jazz Showcase - closed

4. Greg Clinkingbeard

Greg Clinkingbeard

Apr 4, 2005
    Kansas City area
    KC Strings
    It's probably going to be Patricia Barber. My wife likes her. Please keep 'em coming if you've got anything else.

5. frichter

frichter

Mar 26, 2007
    Chicago, IL
    Don't know what music is goin down b/c i'm leaving for the weekend. However . . . now that I am a two week resident of Oak Park I can recommend Poor Phils as a great place to grab a burger, jambalaya, or sandwich and GOOD BEER. They have I think 36 beers on tap, only one of which is a crappy yellow beer. Try the "Hop Juice" if you want to really blow your hair back.

I haven't had a chance to look at the Velvet Lounge calender . . . maybe something is happenin there.

6. Greg Clinkingbeard

Greg Clinkingbeard

Apr 4, 2005
    Kansas City area
    KC Strings
    I'm mostly hairless:( .Would a lot of this Hop Juice grow hair?

I'll check the Velvet Lounge.

Thanks