1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Chicago Saturday in the Park

Discussion in 'Tablature and Notation [BG]' started by Skorzen, Oct 20, 2002.

1. Skorzen

Skorzen

Mar 15, 2002
    Springfield MA
    Hey I am looking for a transcription of Chicago's Saturday in the Park. Preferably not in tab form, but I could live with tab if thats all you have. thanks.

2. EarnestTBass

EarnestTBass

Feb 3, 2015
    .....14 years later someone responds. Never give up hope.

I had to learn this song for a gig a couple of weeks ago. I started with the full band score that Hal Leonard publishes ($25 and worth it if you play many Chicago tunes) Since it was contained on 15 pages, I first put it together with handwritten notes. Then the song was cut and we did not even play it. I was aggravated at first, but oh well, I will know it for next time.

Today, I used my day off work to learn how to use Muse score, which produced a much easier to read transcription. Warning- I took liberties. I do not claim to improve on anything Peter Cetera played. There are a few variances from the original recording that suited my own style and fit how my band plays it. Otherwise, it's 95% accurate.

This is a partial and inadequate repayment to TalkBass for all of the advice and help I have received from this site and Talkbassers.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Dec 24, 2016
    JimK, ivorytower and LeeNunn like this.
  3. dtripoli

dtripoli

Aug 15, 2010
    American
    LOL
    I too had to learn this song about 5 years ago w/o benefit of tab or notation.
    Just by ear from the recording and checking out youtube videos.
    I learned it adequate enough then, *BING* band decides to drop song before ever playing it.
    Developed quite an appreciation for Peter Cetera's skills.

4. Killed_by_Death

Killed_by_Death Snaggletooth Banned

Jan 2, 2015
    heart of darkness
    Oh man, you should have waited until the 4th of July to resurrect this thread.