1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Chicago Tbassers... Kdogg in the house!

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by kdogg, Dec 29, 2006.

1. kdogg

kdogg

Nov 13, 2005
    Ohio
    Hey all, I'll be in Chicago for work for the next 2 days, and was wondering if there are any must see bass shops I should be checking out while I'm here. Also, are any of you guys playing gigs this weekend? I'm dying for some Chicago blues:hyper:... or rock, or country, or jazz, or...

2. willgroove2

willgroove2

Aug 16, 2003
    chicago IL
    Endorsing Artist;Essential sound products,Dunlop, Ergo Instruments
    Makin has very little bass gear these day's you might try bass club chicago,www.bassclubchicago.com and if your in town NYE I'll be at the backroom jazz club at rush and oak 9-1:30

3. RAM

RAM

May 10, 2000
    Chicago, IL
    Call Dan at Luthiers Access Group if you can make it out to the south suburbs for a day of drooling. www.luthiersaccessgroup.com

I agree that Make'n Music is pretty sparse in the world of basses. They usually have one or two nice MTDs and a few Modulus', on top of a bunch of Fenders. Bass Club, I've had much better experiences with. They're almost as far (meaning you'll need a car and travel in ALMOST the same direction) as Luthiers Access Group.

4. Lonnybass

Lonnybass

Jul 19, 2000
    San Diego
    Endorsing Artist: Pedulla Basses
    LAG has a bunch of Jerzy Drozds, MTDs, and generally a bunch of stuff by smaller boutique builders - generally a good mix of the high-end you really won't see anywhere else.

http://www.luthiersaccessgroup.com/bassesinstock.html

I was pretty much blown away by Mark's collection at Bass Club Chicago - Foderas, Laklands, Sadowsky, Manne, Tobias, and tons of other cool stuff.

Keep in mind that neither of the two shops are downtown - LAG is in the southwest suburbs and BCC is about 15 minutes straight south of Midway Airport.

I have an Eve of the Eve gig tomorrow night at Tryst in Wrigleyville about 2 blocks south of the ballpark with my trio. We play about 3 hours beginning at about 9pm. Expect to see a Pedulla, a Lonnybass, my MTD (possibly) and my Alembic/Stewart/Schroeder rig. :cool:

Lonnybass

5. HUGE +1 :hyper:

Mark is a great guy and his shop is definitely worth a visit if you're in the area. Check him out here: www.bassclubchicago.com.

6. the lakland factory is around here too