Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Chicagoland GTG?

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by jive1, Feb 2, 2005.

1. jive1

jive1 Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member Commercial User

Jan 16, 2003
    Alexandria,VA
    Owner/Retailer: Jive Sound
    I'm planning on being in my hometown of Chicago the weekend of March 10th for the Lakland event. I know some of you will be there too. I think it would be a great opportunity to meet some of the TBers from Chi-Town. It doesn't have to be at the Lakland event, but a GTG in Chicago would be a cool thing. Even the Cheeseheads or Hoosiers could join in.
    We did one here in DC and it was a blast.

Any interest or ideas?

2. thats a cool idea...just wish i wouldn't be in Superior, so it'd be a long trip, unless i could find a pilot or something who could fly down there...anybody? :D

3. uglycicles

uglycicles Supporting Member

Dec 10, 2003
    Southwest Chicago
    jive,

I'm in. I live in the burbs, but will be attending the Lakland concert (with my g*itarist buddy), and seeing it's a Thursday night I probably won't be in the city until around 6:00 or so...

Gamekeepers is right around the corner from the Park West and probably has the room to accomodate if'n you're thinking of some beverages before or after the show. There's tons of other establishments right in the area, as you well know...

Keep me posted.... :hyper:

4. fatdawg

fatdawg

Sep 7, 2004
    Ralphdaddy and I were just talking about doing this last night in pm. How weird. I am in

f

5. I'll take the drive!

6. jive1

Jan 16, 2003
    Alexandria,VA
    Can a Mod sticky this please?

7. odie

odie Supporting Member

done

8. SuperDuck

SuperDuck

Sep 26, 2000
    Wisconsin
    I could probably swing this, if we plan far enough in advance.

9. vegaas

vegaas

Nov 6, 2001
    Milwaukee
    What day would it be? If its a weekend, then I can make it. Of course, I will have to go in a deep cover disguise seeing as I will be in F.I.B. land. :D

10. SuperDuck

SuperDuck

Sep 26, 2000
    Wisconsin
    Have you ever used the acronym F.I.S.H.T.A.B.?

11. jive1

Jan 16, 2003
    Alexandria,VA
    I think a Bear's jersey would make a good disguise :ninja:

12. SuperDuck

SuperDuck

Sep 26, 2000
    Wisconsin
    Any Chicago team jersey... as long as it's not a Sammy Sosa jersey.

~rimshot~

13. HeavyDuty

HeavyDuty Supporting Curmudgeon Staff Member Gold Supporting Member

Jun 26, 2000
    Suburban Chicago, IL
    I'm interested...

14. troll

troll

Aug 31, 2000
    Chicago area
    Hmm, I had no idea of this event. Props on the sticky getting my attention. I might be down for making an appearance.

Troll

15. RAM

RAM

May 10, 2000
    Chicago, IL
    I'm interested, too...

16. jive1

Jan 16, 2003
    Alexandria,VA
    Cool, it's great that we have interest in this.
    Pass this along to anyone who doesn't wander into OT.

Anyway, any ideas on how to do this GTG?
    Are we just going to meet after the Lakland event, or do we want to get together on a different day? It might make sense for the cheeseheads and hoosiers that might not be able to make it on a weekday.
    Any ideas on where to meet? The area near the Park West has a bunch of cool places to hang out, but parking around there could be a hassle. If someone knew a club owner well enough for us to host a TB bass jam that would be a great. It would make for a nice place for us to check out each-other's gear and jam out on the low end. Another option is if someone would be willing to share their home for a GTG, but if not it's completely understandable.
    If we're not meeting at the Lakland event, then where would be a good area to meet? Chicagoland is pretty large, so there would have to be a compromise.

The dates I would be able to make it are anywhere from March 10-13. But don't let my schedule determine the date. A much as I'd LOVE to join in, if another date works better for the majority then so be it.

Any ideas or suggestions are welcome.

17. But the only reason I'd be going would be to show off my new Charles Martin jersey for jive1.
    http://www.packers.com/news/stories/2005/01/26/1/

Just kidding!

18. jive1

Jan 16, 2003
    Alexandria,VA
    :scowl:

How about the Don Majkowski jersey you have in your attic? ;)

19. I'm working on some kind of smart reply...

:D

Yeah, that'll take a while.

20. troll

troll

Aug 31, 2000
    Chicago area
    I think a get together would be neat, maybe check out each others gear. I'm still hoping to find a local Dingwall owner who would allow me the pleasure of getting my grubby hands on it :)

Troll