Chick Cars...

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Dumfish, Jan 23, 2003.

1. Dumfish

Oct 6, 2001
    Santa Rosa, Ca
    I was having a "debate" with a couple of my friends about saabs. They think that saabs are chick cars or soccer mom cars, etc, and I think they're wrong. So, what do you all think? What other cars do you think fit this category?

2. Saabs are DEFINITELY not chick cars! Get those pansies into the drivers seat of a 9-3 Viggen and watch them wet themselves!

I think the Mustang V-6 is the quintessential chick car these days, but the New Beetle and Cabrio are pretty chick-ey as well.

3. Mike N

Mike N Missing the old TB

Jan 28, 2001
    New York
    Pontiac Sunfire
  4. JMX

JMX Vorsprung durch Technik

Sep 4, 2000
    Cologne, Germany
    What use is a "non-chick" car in a country that has a speed limit of 55/65 mph? :p
  5. VW Jettas, especially silver ones. Lexus RX300s.

Usually, the best way to tell how "chick" a car is by the amount of feedback on the steering--"manly" cars tend to have a lot, and "chick" cars often have none.

Saabs are kinda in-between.
  6. Brendan

Jun 18, 2000
    Austin, TX
    Funny, I thought it was how much crap is dangling from the rearview mirror...
  7. neptoon

Jul 25, 2000
    summerville, sc
    white convertible VW cabrio
  8. FunkySpoo

FunkySpoo Supporting Member

Feb 6, 2002
    WooHoo, I drive a chick car. But it's black not silver. Does it make a difference if it has the VR6?
  9. Around here most "chicks" drive the biggest SUV's they can buy. it's such a joke...

10. Nate Dawg

Nate Dawg

Apr 8, 2000
    Denver, CO
    My mom drives a Saab 9000CSE Turbo. My dad, on the other hand, drives a light purple 93 Caravan. I'd consider both of those chick cars.

I drive a 94 Blazer 4x4 and my little brother drives my old 90 Cavalier Z24.

I need the 4WD to get around here in the winter. Almost everybody around here has a 4WD vehicle, including the women. The Upper Peninsula isn't known for having mild winters.

My parents and brother live in Pittsburgh, so they can get away with having chick cars.
  11. Yogi Bear

Yogi Bear Supporting Member

Aug 14, 2000
    Amen to that. It's pretty much the same thing here in Denver. Anytime you see a brand new Suburban, Expedition, etc. you can bet there's a woman behind the wheel. It seems to be the latest trend. Not that there's anything wrong with that.
  12. TxBass

Jul 3, 2002
    Frisco, Texas
    I used to get beat up about driving a Miata --"hey that's a chic car".
    But, I would have kept it had I figured out how to get 2 car seats in it and still drive at the same time!

now I drive a truck (which is more like a chic car in Texas:D cause everyone drives them...)
  13. FunkySpoo

FunkySpoo Supporting Member

Feb 6, 2002
    This is totally cool. Think of the benefits here. Now we can drive the cool sports cars and then on gig night we can borrow her truck. Sweeeet
  14. The official sorority girl car here at Cornell is any Land Rover model except the Defender 90. Daddy buys it for his little princess.... :rolleyes:

Um, Pete, the Jetta is NOT a chick car in the least. The VW Cabrio is definitely one.

The Beetle in yellow is the ultimate chick car.

I personally like cars with minimal power steering; I only wanna feel it at like 5 mph. Otherwise I would love a car with no power steering. Too bad they are hard to park.

I agree with Mike N; the Pontiac Sunfire is a certain chick car.
  15. secretdonkey

Oct 9, 2002
    Austin, TX
    The New Beetle gets mentioned whenever these discussions come up - kinda hard to top a car with a built in flower vase :D
  16. secretdonkey

Oct 9, 2002
    Austin, TX
    My car - Toyota MR2 Spyder. No trunk. Some motorcycles have more storage space - seriously!

Wife's car - SUV (Honda CRV). Fits all of my gear easily.

Backup plan - my old Ford Ranger.

:D :D :D
  17. Josh Ryan

Josh Ryan - that dog won't hunt, Monsignor. Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 24, 2001
    Saab SPG Excellent handling, garret t3 turbo, not a stereotypical "chick" car. Anyway, this thread is annoying to women and people who don't relate cars to their genitals.
  18. Woodchuck

Apr 21, 2000
    Atlanta / Macon (sigh)
    Gallien Krueger for the last 12 years!
    VW Beetle
    Mazda Millinium
    Infiniti G20
    BMW 3 series.