1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Chick Corea & Bela Fleck tickets (2), Fri 6/15, Keswick Theatre, Glenside(Phila), PA

Discussion in 'For Sale: Other Stuff (Not bass related)' started by dave64o, Jun 2, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dave64o

dave64o Talkbass Top 10 all time lowest talent/gear ratio! Gold Supporting Member

Jun 15, 2000
    Southern NJ
    SOLD TO BetterBottomEnd!!!!!

---------------------------------------------

I have two tickets to see Chick Corea and Bela Fleck at The Keswick Theatre in Glenside PA (just outside Philadelphia) on Friday, June 15 at 8:00 PM. Unfortunately I can't use them. Hopefully someone in the Philadelphia area can.

If you've never been to The Keswick Theatre, it's a fantastic place to see a show - small, good acoustics, great view from almost every seat.

The tickets are in Row Q, Left side, Seats 1 & 3. That's about 3/4 of the way back in the theater, about midway back in the back section. If I remember correctly they're on the aisle. Here's the seating chart.

The tickets cost $48.50 each and with the usual ticket office surcharges the total was $107. I'll let them go for $85 for the pair via Paypal. Since I'm assuming the buyer is in the Philadelphia area I planned to just send an envelope via USPS, thinking the tickets should arrive in two or three days. If you'd like them shipped another way, PM me with a phone number so we can discuss payment for alternate shipping costs.

EDIT - The show's only a week and a half away so I want to make sure whoever buys them gets them in time. Would a lower price help to entice? :D Forget $85, how about $80?

EDIT #2 - Price now $75. Lots of great reviews here about the show and the venue!

EDIT #3 - New low price - $65. Gotta send these out right away if someone will actually have a chance to use them.

EDIT #4 - OK, they're now half what I paid for them - $55 for the pair. Time's runing out, folks! :D

2. NickyBass

NickyBass Supporting Member

Nov 28, 2005
    Southern New Jersey
    I saw Chick Corea with Origin at the Keswick a few years back. Great place to see a larger jazz show.

3. dave64o

dave64o Talkbass Top 10 all time lowest talent/gear ratio! Gold Supporting Member

Jun 15, 2000
    Southern NJ
    Yep, I've been there many times, seen all kinds of acts, and can safely say it's a great place to see any kind of show.

Over the years I've sat in just about every part of it and the only times I had any complaints about my seats were when I was sitting on the far left or far right aisles way up front. It can be hard to see the whole stage from there. But other than those two spots you'll get a good view from anywhere.

Some of the great shows I've seen there include:
    Buddy Guy / Robert Cray
    Kansas
    Gregg Allman and Friends
    Sarah McLachlan (before she made it big)
    Tori Amos (just her and a grand piano)
    The Machine (Pink Floyd tribute)
    Bela Fleck and Edgar Myers
    The Musical Box (EARLY Genesis tribute)
    Indigenous

C'mon folks, don't be shy! :D

EDIT - Note the reduced price above, now asking $80 for the pair.

4. elpelotero

elpelotero

Jun 16, 2006
    I saw this same concert a few months ago at the University of Florida...

they flat out rip for a couple of hours! insane virtuosity! A banjo and piano can indeed work.

5. BetterBottomEnd

BetterBottomEnd <- Not me I just like looking at her

Jan 9, 2007
    Cable Wi
    Hmm I can't really afford them but I'm going to have to think about it anyway. I love the Keswick too theres just something about the place.

6. dave64o

Jun 15, 2000
    Southern NJ
    Of course there is. It's the original organ they used for shows and movies (silent movies!) way back when it first opened. I'm always tempted to go up there and play it. :D

How about some enticement - $75? :D

7. dave64o

Jun 15, 2000
    Southern NJ
    Here's an "It's only a week away so you'll have to act soon!" bump.

8. dave64o

Jun 15, 2000
    Southern NJ
    C'mon folks! Great musicians, great show, great venue, great reason to find a babysitter and get a night out away from the kids.

The price is now $65 for the pair.

Time is running out! The show is this Friday night!

:help:

9. dave64o

Jun 15, 2000
    Southern NJ
    OK, how about half what I paid for them - $55 for the pair?

Jeez, if this keeps up much longer I'm going to end up PAYING someone to take them off my hands!

.... uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh, that's not exactly the scenario I'm hoping for. I was just kidding about actually paying someone to go! ;) :p :D

10. BetterBottomEnd

BetterBottomEnd <- Not me I just like looking at her

Jan 9, 2007
    Cable Wi
    Alright I broke down I'll do it. When did you see The Machine there. I was at there the last time they came through I loved the early works acoustic set then the plugged in stuff. They've got a killer keytar player too.

11. dave64o

Jun 15, 2000
    Southern NJ
    Sold pending payment!!!

I saw the Machine there quite a few times. I saw them do the annual "day after Thanksgiving show" for maybe 6 or so years and also saw them when they did "The Wall" about 2 years ago. Unfortunately I saw The Australian Pink Floyd Show two years ago and The Machine didn't seem the same since then. I saw them once after Aussie Floyd and that was it. :(

12. dave64o

Jun 15, 2000
    Southern NJ
    Done deal - payment recieved while I was typing that last message.

13. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jan 21, 2021

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.