Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

chick corea's humpty dumpty

Discussion in 'Tablature and Notation [BG]' started by draginon, Dec 24, 2005.

1. draginon

draginon

Oct 4, 2004
    I have been trying to hours to figure out the into on my bass. I cannot seem to recognize the notes and the intro isn't even all that fast. I am watching\listening to the '92 Tokyo blue note performace where he performed Humpty Dumpty with the akoustik band. I'd appreciate if anyone could show me the chords and the intro. I can't even sing. when I try and sing the intro I mix a note or two somewhere and it ends up leading everything after into the wrong direction.

this is soo frustrating. This intro is not that difficult but I know I am playing it wrong because I am ending on the wrong note. I know what the right note is but cannot seem to interpret the notes in between that smoothly lead to the last note
    (maybe I need to go to bed, it is 1:10am...)

2. christoph h.

christoph h.

Mar 26, 2001
    Germany
    you should probably try transcribing it once more, since that'll do much more for your playing than just reading it.

still, here is something google spit out. i don't know how correct it is: http://danadler.com/jazztrans/humpty_head.html