Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Chicks dig bass players- new evidence discovered

Discussion in 'Bass Humor & Gig Stories [BG]' started by The Mock Turtle Regulator, Oct 1, 2002.

1. on the cover of the current issue of SW magazine- a snobby free property publication distributed in south london;
    [​IMG]

not bad going- even an old bald dude like him can score himself a scantily-clad blonde:D
    (interesting fretting arrangement on the bass...)

the painting is "An artist and his muse" by James McNaught.

2. Tsal

Tsal

Jan 28, 2000
    Finland, EU
    Ponder, anyone knows what bass that is? The headstock reminds me of Peavey.. :confused:

:D

3. I don't really care whether we can "get chicks" or not; groupies are for bands like Motley Crue :rolleyes:

4. :D , yeah, I thought Lee Sklar and Peavey too, or maybe the John Entwistle Warwick or Status Buzzard. the bass body is vaguely like a Danelectro Longhorn or a Travis Bean:confused:

as for the "groupies" comment, I posted this as I found the picture quite bizarre- I don't know if that's meant to be a bass- and I'd like to know more about it and the artist.
    the magazine in question always features interesting, quite "arty" paintings on its covers.

I thought it would be amusing to crudely misinterpret it, linking it to the infamous "chicks dig bass players" Talkbass T-Shirt slogan:p

5. oldirtymoney

oldirtymoney Banned

Jul 16, 2002
    california, carslbad
    of course chicks do, the ladies no that the bassist have the longest........necks :D :D

6. It's not about length as much as girth.

7. PollyBass

PollyBass ******

Jun 25, 2001
    Shreveport, LA
    yeah, my girl friend says , out of anyone else in the band, i satisfy her the most..... musicaly.

8. just_a_poser

just_a_poser

Apr 20, 2002
    Apparently girls in my area don't know this.

::goes back to his corner all alone::

9. Max

Max Supporting Member

Feb 14, 2000
    Bakersfield, CA
    It's a look into the future. That's Fieldy circa 2050 and that woman has some serious cellulite on her thighs. Hoooooooo. IHOP apparently stays in business.

10. Frist...That is a killer looking bass
    Second...I can't get girls if I payed for them. Oh well just my luck
    Third...I want that bass

11. chris griffiths

chris griffiths

Aug 20, 2002
    nashville tn
    Endorsing artist: Gallien Krueger
    yeah, my girl friend says , out of anyone else in the band, i satisfy her the most..... musicaly.

it's good to know she made the rounds

12. Hategear

Hategear Workin' hard at hardly workin'.

Apr 6, 2001
    Appleton, Swissconsin
    Isn't that Anna Nicole Smith?

13. with the dodgy inconsistent string spacing and um, "organic" body outline, that bass could be a Wishnevsky (maybe that's the revered Wish himself playing it?).

let's see...blonde, well built, and hanging around with a very old guy- you could be right.
    she's found a new sugar daddy:D

14. Tsal

Tsal

Jan 28, 2000
    Finland, EU
    Lookie lookie, here's what I found from Status' homepage. A Buzzard II:

[​IMG]

Does it match or does it match? :D

15. PollyBass

PollyBass ******

Jun 25, 2001
    Shreveport, LA
    You don't know how true that statement is. she was the drummers girlfriend..... kinda creepy.

16. re. Status Buzzard II, I was interested in the model of Overwater bass that Craig Adams uses (Sisters of mercy, The Mission, The Cult- currently doing a short tour with them)-
    and the thunderbird-meets-precision body shape of the Buzzard II seems to have been derived from it-

[​IMG]

and John Entwistle turns out to have been an endorser-
    http://www.overwaterbasses.com/players1.php

-with the Buzzard I being a copy of the Warwick design, (and the Status Groove being Stingray-influenced) are Status turning into copycats? :p

17. bentem

bentem

Oct 18, 2002
    Rockville, MD
    groupies dont tend to be the sharpest tools in the shed, so play them a simple slap riff, and they will flock to you(or at least thats whats supposed to happen) :D

18. Stupidnick

Stupidnick

Mar 22, 2002
    ...my room...
    hey.. i didn't know keith richards played bass!

19. My basses are the only women in my life. At least at the moment.