1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Chicks who like football

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by disenchant, Sep 23, 2008.

1. disenchant

disenchant You can't plagiarize yourself.

Aug 9, 2006
    Elgin, IL
    After me getting pretty mad at the Bears for that DUMB penalty that cost us the ball in overtime and eventually the game my Hubby and I started talking about girls who like to watch football.

We were at a party and I was in the family room with the guys watching The Game. The ladies were in the kitchen, eating chips and talking about diapers or purses or some such nonsense that really, I couldn't care less about. Not when the game was TIED in OVERTIME. But evidently I was in the Man Zone and should have been in the Ladies Lounge.

Does having a chick in the football Man Zone ruin EVERYTHING? My hubby loves me, and likes to watch football with me but thinks that chicks who like to watch football are Not Cool.

I had another dude (before my hubby) who thought chicks who like football are weird. And I wasn't allowed to watch the game with him and his man friends.

I'm curious what others think. I have other girl friends who like football.

Not that it changes anything. I still like football and my hubby is stuck with me FOREVER. [insert evil laugh] :spit:

2. MJ5150

MJ5150 Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Apr 12, 2001
    Olympia, WA
    My wife watches football with me every week. I have no problems with it. The only time she will voluntarily leave the room is when I have all my Steeler buddies over, she thinks we get obnoxious sometimes. Even then, she puts up with us for most of the game. The other guys wives will sit in the another room talking like you described, but my wife has no interest in being with them when football is on.

Heck, my wife goes with me on road trips to see Steeler and Gator games. We're going to Arkansas next week. The biggie is coming up in December. She is a HUGE Cowboys fan, and we are going to the game in Heinz Field. She has to sit by herself for that game. I hope she can find a couple other Cowboy fans to sit with her.

-Mike

3. MakiSupaStar

MakiSupaStar The Lowdown Diggler

Apr 12, 2006
    Huntington Beach, CA
    I don't have a problem with it as long as they're naked, don't talk, and are ready to go during halftime.

4. I don't think having chicks in the man zone ruins a game, nor do I find it strange that they dig football. I don't think they should have a problem with it...my wife is more into the games than some of my friends. Most of their wives are very much into the games as well, so maybe it is just my perspective. I think the only issues with chicks and football are when they ask too many questions during the entire game. :scowl:

I took my wife to a Steelers game for our anniversary (first year's anniversary is paper - so she got tickets!) We sat right in the endzone on the field, and she was more into the game than a lot of the guys at the stadium.

5. EricF

EricF Habitual User

Sep 26, 2005
    Pasadena, CA
    My wife is NOT a football person at all, and that's fine. I've never had an issue with chicks in the "Man Zone" during game time as long as they are into the game as much as everyone else.

6. bwv1013

bwv1013

Mar 20, 2008
    southern cal
    just when i think i have absorbed all wisdom you deliver another gem...

7. Yngwie 4String

Yngwie 4String Banned

May 3, 2007
    Auburn Nebraska
    I live in Nebraska, people who DONT like football are weird.

8. guy n. cognito

guy n. cognito Secret Agent Member Gold Supporting Member

Dec 28, 2005
    Nashville, TN
    I actually LIKE chicks in my man zone........

9. MonetBass

MonetBass ♪ Just listen ♫ Supporting Member

Sep 15, 2006
    Tulsa, OK
    NO, chicks who like football (such as my wife :bassist:) are fabulous.

There's a ton of 'em every Sunday at the Tulsa Packer Backers club watching the game, and they're every bit as passionate about the game as the guys are. Very cool.

10. mwm70

mwm70

Oct 27, 2004
    Baltimore
    My old lady will watch now that our son is playing. She asks more questions and is trying to understand more so she will understand what is going on during his games.

11. ()smoke()

()smoke()

Feb 25, 2006
    Dallas
    just tell him the 'man zone' is on the field, not in the living room...the living room is just the 'fan zone'

:D

12. Phalex

Phalex Semper Gumby Supporting Member

Oct 3, 2006
    G.R. MI
    Do you have a girlfriend that like football too?? Maybe you could invite her over and surprise the hubby. Kinda spice things up a little if you know what I mean?

13. Most all of my women friends like to watch football. It seems to be more unusual for them NOT to like it.

14. Rich L

Rich L

May 17, 2006
    Ft Myers, FL
    My wife LOVES football...college more than pro. I watch the college games w/ her on Saturdays & she watches all the pro games with me on Sundays. Makes for a nice weekend!:D

15. CrashClint

CrashClint I Play Bass therefore I Am

Nov 15, 2005
    Wake Forest, NC
    DR Strings Dealer (local only)
    This could be a question on eHarmony.

16. This thread is now about chicks who like to play sports naked. :bag:

17. Joe Gress

Joe Gress

Dec 22, 2005
    Pueblo, CO
    Chicks who love football...

Hell yeah! I'll always hang out with anybody who has the same interests as me, chick, dude, or otherwise.

(The fact that they have boobs makes it an even easier choice:D)

18. jazzy grille

jazzy grille - Arrogant Bastard

Aug 15, 2006
    Sarasota, Florida
    I second this notion!

19. MakiSupaStar

MakiSupaStar The Lowdown Diggler

Apr 12, 2006
    Huntington Beach, CA
    I hardly call the choice between boobs or dode a choice at all. Boobs win every time.

20. EricF

EricF Habitual User

Sep 26, 2005
    Pasadena, CA
    To me, it all depends...what's a "dode"? If it's better than boobs, it wins.

;)