Child abuse debate questions?

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Guss, Dec 2, 2002.

1. I'm in need of some questions on what we consider child abuse. Something that, you hold as an opinion that would be debatable.
    It's for that speech(remember "MY group won't work" thread?) Well, they don't wanna think of any, so would you.:)
  2. hitting a kid with a bat-child abuse
    shooting a kid-child abuse
    stabbing a kid (with any sharp object)-child abuse
    putting a kid in a microwave or stove-child abuse

and the list goes on...
  3. ps
    please don't hate me for being an @$$hole
  4. Beefbass

Beefbass Guest

Feb 4, 2001
    We wouldn't call you that-unless of course, you put a kid in a microwave?? :eek:

Nah, we know you didn't do that....
  5. right...I would NEVER put a kid in a microwave...
    *insert smilie with shifty eyes*
    I gotta go check my...pasta. i think it's almost done...warming up. Yes.
  6. Beefbass

Beefbass Guest

Feb 4, 2001
    hey, how far is Braintree from the Cape? I'm from NY originally, so I'm still learning the geography of tax-achussettes.

I don't know about pasta in the microwave-kinda dries it out IMHO.
  7. For one thing, there is no "e" inbetween the last s and the t.:D ..i think:p
    Braintree is between 20 min.-1 hour away from the Cape (kinda vague). I'm not too sure, depends heavily on traffic.
    Despite my hate for it, Braintree's actually a decent town. Kinda quiet, but it certainly could be worse. It's also the birthplace of two US presidents. Take that!
    Where on the Cape are you? How long you been here in MA?
  8. oh yeah, and pasta in the microwave doesn't dry out if it's already got sauce on it. I know my food; it's my one true friend. Sure, it made me obese, but food understands me, man!
  9. Brad Barker

Brad Barker Supporting Member

Apr 13, 2001
    berkeley, ca
    well, that is clearly child-abuse.

i think the thread-starter was going after more gray-area instances.

as far as me coming up with any...good luck!

maybe if there is a bit of physical punishment or whathaveyou.

well...take it from there!
  10. Brad Barker

Brad Barker Supporting Member

Apr 13, 2001
    berkeley, ca
    your food doesn't love you.
  11. P. Aaron

P. Aaron Supporting Member

With all of the utmost appreciation of "Floyd's" help; There is probably more than enough on-line help for a definitive description of what you seek.

Hop on your favorite search engine and the desired wording, and presto!!!! You should have more than enough to get you started.
  12. oh. i guess MY help wasn't good enough. :(
  13. Beefbass

Beefbass Guest

Feb 4, 2001
    Floyd, I've been here 4 and a half years. I think the license plate says there is an e after the s-now thats why I miss New York-it's a lot easier to spell :D
  14. Unlesseth thee be frome the olde countre. Newe Yorkine doth be a city filled with dazzles and do-dads most unbecoming of a metropolitaine centre of its standingeth.
  15. I gotta stop being retarded.
  16. Matthew Bryson

Matthew Bryson Guest

Jul 30, 2001
    Terry, as a concerned child advocate and a person who actually read what you posted I'll try to stear this thread back on track. I think that for your project you need to address verbal/emotional abuse. In my opinion (and I think most agree) a parent who tells a child that they are fat/ugly/stupid/unwanted(unplanned)/a disapointment - not as good/smart/whatever as their brother, etc ...these are cases of child abuse. You asked that it be a debatable opinion - the emotional/verbal is the "grey area" you are looking for. Somebody will always be willing to debate this - they'll say that the child isn't being (physically) harmed - therefore it's not abuse (by their definition)
  17. Thank you very much, creepy. I appreciate that.:)
  18. Bard2dbone

Aug 4, 2002
    Arlington TX
    But what if we really are an unplanned,fat, ugly disappointment, and NOT as good as Kevin, that infuriating @$$#01e that blames everythingonmeandtheybelievehim OH HE'LL GET HIS MARK MY WORDS but I'm feeling much better now.
  19. Bard2dbone

Aug 4, 2002
    Arlington TX
    Just kidding. My parents didn't tell me I was a fat, ugly disappointment. The kids at school told me that.

And I'm still fat and ugly, thanks to mexican food and car wrecks. But my instruments love me. Food understands me. My wife is glad when I'm around. And my kids...well they let me spend way too much on them so that must be some kind of privilege too, right?
  20. 7-12th grade was a he11hole. Went home from school and cried nearly every day.

Now, I have a different problem, and that is graduating from the he11hole that is Cornell University.