1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Childhood spanking leads to forced sex later in life ?

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by MAJOR METAL, Feb 29, 2008.

1. MAJOR METAL

MAJOR METAL The Beagle Father Supporting Member

2. SoComSurfing

SoComSurfing Mercedes Benz Superdome. S 127. R 22. S 12-13.

Feb 15, 2002
    Mobile, Al
    Not all that convincing to me. And the article makes it sound like you spank a kid, they're going to be a rapist. Of course, that's just my interpretation of the article, and that could be based on a bias against it due to what I see as unconvincing figures.

3. I thought that article was more or less a steaming pile. Correlation does not necessarily equate to causation, particularly when the correlation was as weak as was indicated in the story.

4. MakiSupaStar

MakiSupaStar The Lowdown Diggler

Apr 12, 2006
    Huntington Beach, CA
    pfft.

5. Spanking leading to rough sex? just sounds like a fun night in to me.

6. MakiSupaStar

MakiSupaStar The Lowdown Diggler

Apr 12, 2006
    Huntington Beach, CA
    A lot of chicks asked to be spanked while I question who their father is. ;)

7. Lorenzini

Lorenzini

Dec 31, 2004
    Los Angeles
    I thought spanking was part of sex. So confused!:p

8. Brad Maestas

Brad Maestas Gold Supporting Member

Nov 26, 2003
    SF Bay Area
    When I first read about this new "find" they said that spanking would only lead to some heightened level of sexual promiscuity. That's all.

Not forced sex/raping!

Seems a bit sensationalized to me.

9. I got spanked as a kid and no one EVER forced ME to have sex :(

10. Brad Maestas

Brad Maestas Gold Supporting Member

Nov 26, 2003
    SF Bay Area
    That's what the thread title suggests, doesn't it! :D

11. Correlation =/= causation. The is psychology 101 right there.

lowsound

12. fenderhutz

fenderhutz Supporting Member

Jan 28, 2007
    Harpers Ferry WV
    My dad ripped off his belt quicker than Darth Vader laying the Jedi smack down on Luke.

I deserved it. I was hades on a mobile unit.

No forced sexual encounters here.

13. Toasted

Toasted

May 26, 2003
    Leeds, UK
    Genuine epic lulz. Kudos :D

14. ahkiatt

ahkiatt

Sep 30, 2006
    Singapore
    Us Asian kids get spanked a lot when we are young.

'Nuff said.

15. IconBasser

IconBasser Scuba Viking Supporting Member

Feb 28, 2007
    Fontana, California
    spanked. Not a rapist.

16. MyUsernameHere

MyUsernameHere ?????????????

Nov 3, 2007
    Lexington KY
    B.S.

You could just as easily argue that kids who have strict parents (i.e. ones who would spank) are more likely than not to rebel against the strictness of their upbringing, not specifically the spanking, by acting out violently or or coercively. You could also say that generally anyone who would become a rapist or general scumbag later on in life probably did more things in their youth deserving of a spanking than non-scumbag kids. However, either of these explanation would be equally simplistic and dumb.

17. I love it when people ask my opinion.

What say me? After reading that article, I wondered how much money and time was wasted on a weak attempt to connect the two phenomena. The both the article and the study it is about would be of better use printed on toilet paper and installed in public rest stops along I-10 somewhere in Arizona.

The lesson of correlation of data was one of the first I learned when I took statistics. Why is it that I seem to be one of the few people that took statistics of social sciences who actually got it?

I just did my own study. Over the last few months, I've noticed that I take my morning crap sometime between 6:15 and 6:30 AM (according to my Sony clock radio) roughly 75% of the time. The other 25% of the time, I poo after my clock radio reads 6:30 AM. I therefor have concluded that my clock radio causes me to poo by virtue of its mind powers over my bowels and the conversation it has with Ra, the Sun god, every morning before Ra blesses our crops with light thanks to the walrus sacrifice I offer up every full moon.

Mike

18. lawsonman

lawsonman

Dec 19, 2005
    NW IL
    Pile of Crap:scowl:

19. txbasschik

txbasschik

Nov 11, 2005
    Leander, Texas
    Same here. I was mouthy, I got into fights (a *lot*), and I was prone to running off all over the countryside on my bike without telling a soul on this earth where I was. And lots of other stuff.

Nothing forced. The one guy who tried walked away with only deeply painful regrets for his attempt.

Cherie

20. txbasschik

txbasschik

Nov 11, 2005
    Leander, Texas
    Wow, you're magic, too? I can make traffic lights change by pointing at them and shouting, "CHANGE!" It has nothing whatever to do with how the lights are timed. Really. I swear!

Cherie ;)