Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Chili Peppers' "Can't Stop" bass or guitar tab?

Discussion in 'Tablature and Notation [BG]' started by big daddy cool, Jul 20, 2002.

1. would any of you guys mind tabbing either the guitar or bass lines to cant stop by the rhcp please. i cant find it anywhere and im tone deaf so i cant make it out myself.

2. iplaybass

iplaybass Guest

Feb 13, 2000
    Germantown, TN
    Alright, I was playing it earlier, so I'll give it a shot- Don't kill me Jazzbo!
    Ya slap this one

----7-9--------7-9------7-9--------7-9-----
    --------------------------------------------
    -7------7-7-7------7-5------5-5-5------5-5--
    -------------------------------------------

--4-4---4-4-4-5-5-5-5------
    --------------------------------
    2-----2--2-2-3-3-3-3--------
    ------------------------------

That's the verse, I'm not an awesome tabber, but you get the idea. You'll have figure out the rhythm at the end though. The rest of the chorus is pretty easy to figure out, it basicly follows the song's note progression: E to D to B to C during the verse and reggaeish part, and G to D to B to C during the chorus.

Note: After looking at my post, I've decided that I've seen better tabz in the back alley of the Bass Tab Archive. The note progression is correct, though. Good luck big daddy, its a great song, especially the solo.

3. punkfunkfreak

punkfunkfreak

Dec 16, 2001
    That song is so fun. I mean SOOOOO fun to play.
    anyway...

4. sicoratboy100

sicoratboy100

May 14, 2002