Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Chilis in London - damn I'm annoyed

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by Funk Warts, Apr 15, 2002.

1. Funk Warts

Funk Warts

Jun 13, 2001
    London, UK
    Not really sure if this is the right place for this message, but if it's wrong I'm sure it'll get moved (!)

Anyhow, today at 9:00 am I heard that the Chilis were playing in London. At 12:00 pm I discovered this was true, and that the gig had been announced yesterday. Today at 6:00 pm I phoned the venue - &^%$ing sold out! I am so gutted right now I think I could kill someone, in particular those criminals on ebay who order tickets with no intention of going and only sell them off again - at a vast profit.

God damn and stuff, I wonder if I'll ever get the chance to see my favourite ever band live. Right I'm off before I bring any foul language to this family-viewing board.

2. Mohawk Freak

Mohawk Freak

Mar 8, 2002
    London
    What Venue and Date please? I may be able to find something If I keep a look out.
    Quick reply VERY much appreciated!
    Mohawk.

3. I feel sorry for you dude.
    That has happened to me before with different bands. But in saying that....
    I have seen the Red Hot Chili Peppers twice.;)

4. Basman

Basman

Mar 27, 2002
    Holland
    Don't worry. Last year I went to a RHCP gig that only lasted for 70 minutes and they realy sucked!
    Last ten years I've seen them rock non-stop. There just not what they used to be anymore.
    So you're not missing a single thing.

5. JMX

JMX Vorsprung durch Technik

Sep 4, 2000
    Cologne, Germany
    They've been like that at least since the SBSM tour, when I saw them. Also only 70 minutes and a sub-average performance at best.
    The Peppers are not a good live band, and any concert shorter than at least 90 minutes is a ripoff with todays ticket prices.

But it's not only the Peppers.
    My sister went to see Garbage last week and they only played 65 minutes (30$ ticket price)
    Garbage indeed.

6. The first time I saw the Chilis was when I was 13 and that was totally badass. They played for about 2 hours and it totally rocked my world and made me want to be a bassist.
    The second time was at a festival so the sound was average and they played a shorter set. also John Frusciante had problems with his guitars, but they were still pretty decent.

7. Basman

Basman

Mar 27, 2002
    Holland
    Oké performance is goeing downhill, but Flea is still a great motivator for bassplayers everywhere.
    A month ago I went to a Dream Theater gig wich realy surprised me. Allmost two hours of advaced sympho rock. I'm no Sympho fan but I have nothing but admiration for the musicians in Dream Theater.

later

8. Funk Warts

Funk Warts

Jun 13, 2001
    London, UK
    London Arena 26th June 2002. I wouldn't be too optimistic though, I've tried every ticket agency in the yellow pages and every website I can find, no-one's got any. They got them on ebay at about £100 each if you want to pay that.

Any tips on how to get tickets anyone!?!?!?!?

9. Mohawk Freak

Mohawk Freak

Mar 8, 2002
    London
    Cheers funk,I don't fancy my chances but I'll keep my ear to the ground. I'll let u know if I find anything.