Chilli Peppers concert last night

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by Cossiemon, Jun 26, 2002.

1. Cossiemon

Aug 20, 2001

I was at the Chilli Peppers gig in landsdowne road last night (that's in Dublin, for those who were unsure). They rocked big time, Flea was his usual hyper-extroverted self, they played 4-5 songs off their new album, all really good songs. The finished off with an extended version of "The Power of Equality".

New Order were they support, i was wondering if anyone knows who they're bass player he is? He was good and got the crowd going too.
  2. Erlendur Már

Erlendur Már

May 24, 2000
    Lucky bastard! I really look forward to the new cd.
    And the bassist in New Order is Peter Hook.
  3. Murf

Mar 28, 2001
    Cool, I had a ticket but I had to gig that night WAAAAA!!!, cant believe I missed it.

Caught Roger Waters in the point on Monday though, now that was a great gig.
  4. Peppers are fun in concert. Damn that Flea!lol not only is he insane on the bass,he manages to do it while jumping around like a wild man!

I got to see them on the Californication tour several years ago. Great show! I can hardly wait to check out the new cd.
  5. Cauhgt them twice during the 'Californication' tour. The shows were incredible. I've listened to about five songs from the new album, and I think its shaping up to be their best yet! Two weeks to go!
  6. i want to go to the free show in newyork there having .to bad iam in mass.
  7. Cossiemon

Aug 20, 2001
    Flea was hopping around like he was possessed, it was unreal, he looked like he was having a seizure/fit (excuse the analogy) and still kept playing. I know it takes alot of skill but i remember reading that his bass is weighted/designed to aid his playing style. He did the walking across the stage on his hands thing in time to Chad's drumming.

For anyone whose interested, the chilli peppers are on MTV live on July 8th i dunno what time, and i think that's only in Europe or maybe just even the UK & Ireland.