Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

China Strings

Discussion in 'Strings [DB]' started by DalmerM, Oct 30, 2002.

1. DalmerM

DalmerM

Oct 15, 2002
    North Carolina
    Anyone know the brand (or brands) of strings that are shipped with the new China basses? Can they be purchased cheap somewhere? Or what is the least expensive bass strings available?

2. Buddy Lee

Buddy Lee

May 5, 2002
    I'm not sure, but I guess the shipping strings on my bass were Pyramid Gold steel strings.

3. anonymous0726

anonymous0726 Guest

Nov 4, 2001
  4. DalmerM

DalmerM

Oct 15, 2002
    North Carolina
    I checked out the Pyramid site. Thanks, but at $153.00 a set and up, these are not what I consider inexpensive bass string sets. Seems a little pricey for the Chinese to use on their basses too. ???????

I was thinking more on the lines of under 1/2 C note. My wife likes it when I try to squeeze nickels out of pennys. Hee, hee.

5. My Cremora came with a cheap set that turned your hands black. No matching threads.
    Read through the string forum and you probally can find something a lot better.

Unless this isn't your basic EBay DB

6. Francois Blais

Francois Blais Supporting Member

Dec 11, 1999
    Québec, Canada
    The Corelli 380TX series are available for $55 a set from Quinn Violins!
    It's the best quality/price deal methinks!

7. anonymous0726

anonymous0726 Guest

Nov 4, 2001
    Never squeezed a penny out of a nickel, but have squeezed the beans out of a Penny :)