Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Chinese (and other) bass primer

Discussion in 'Basses [DB]' started by Kneehimiah, Jan 21, 2006.

1. I came across this site doing a Google "Devilli" search before my bass purchase. The advice seemed sound to me, and was one of the determining factors in my purchasing a Chinese bass. I pass it on to any of you interested in buying a microwave oven, not to mention a purchase of a good musical instrument. If you have the nerve, this is a good place to start.
    www.projectsandhobbies.com/bassfiddlesetup.htm

Good luck

Ramon
    www.ramonpooser.com

2. nicklloyd

nicklloyd Supporting Member/Luthier

Jan 27, 2002
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    I know you meant this thread to be informative (I hope) but there is quite a bit of basic information missing in this "primer". New persons interested in getting more information about cheap plywoods and setups should check out the Newbie links at the top of the "Basses" page and "Setup and Repair" page on this site.

3. I appreciate you Nick, as I am primarily a player. In a bit of the information that I see about Chinese basses the ability to setup one way or the other seems to be missing. I thank you for the headsup on the page. I have yet to comb each area of the site, so it's good to hear what's around.

Ramon
    www.ramonpooser.com

4. My Devilli bass can now be seen on my website in the "Solo Performances" section.

Kneehimiah
    www.ramonpooser.com

5. sounds great Ramon. Truly fantastic and inspiring. Thank you.

6. Good job Ramon. The bass sounds great, as does your playing. I have a DeVilli that I put some work into and got it sounding good. I recently bought an Engelhardt at a great price so the DeVilli is for sell. If you know of anyone interested in our area please let me know.

7. That's the only reason for me to give my bass up. I'll keep a look out.

Ramon
    www.ramonpooser.com

8. olivier

olivier

Dec 17, 1999
    Paris, France
    Serious solo, Ramon. I enjoyed watching it.
    All the best.