Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Chinese Hartke Cabs?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by sandman, Jun 14, 2004.

1. Hi Everyone, anyone heard the new chinese Hartke cabs?
    what do y'all think?

:meh:

2. doublemuff216

doublemuff216

Jun 14, 2004
    Astoria NY
    i have a hartke vx410...tight sound handles well...its the only cab i haven't blown yet...i have a fender bassman 400 running through it(for my small rig) and the cab can take some wattage...i think it sounds better than the aluminum cones too...try em out...the 810 isn't bad either

3. Thanks Doublemuff....1 was always enough trouble for me, anyway......... :bawl:

Glad you like the vx, they seem good value cabs. I was hoping someone had heard the new XL series cabs. ??

4. As for the XL series,

They are good cabs. They aren't Chinese are they? Oh well, they are the same as the Hartke cabs from the past 20 years. I like them. I only have a Hartke combo, but a friend of mine has the new 5500 head and a 4x10 and a 15. That rig definitely pushes air and sounds great.

5. Hi South Town, thanks for replying, at my work we recieved three new XL cabs, 2 4.5XLs and a 810XL, they are significantly cheaper than the XL cabinets have been traditionally ($1099 instead of $2099 AUD) , and they do come out of China. 2 of the plastic corners were busted when we got them, and i think one of the drivers in the 810XL sounds funny. I'm hoping that they still rock as much as ever, In the US, you guys probably still have stock of the US made cabs, which are great.

Later.