chinese/japanese/korean guitar factories

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by gazman_res, Nov 21, 2004.

1. Hi Guys,

This a bit of an odd question. My gutiarist is currently living in China with his girlfriend, he will be travelling around Japan and Korea in January, and is looking for something of a custom gutiar. But i do not know his budget.

i'm looking for any and all info any fellow forumites can provide on this matter.

Also my guitarist would like to WORK for these said factories.. but i doubt it.. once again any info you guys and gals can provide would be much appreciated

Thanks again.
  2. bmc

Nov 15, 2003

If he's in Seoul, there's a huge two story musical instrument mall downtown. It' s made up of 20-30 retail shops that specialize in everything. It' a well known store for locals, so it shouldn't be hard to find. BTW...Korea is the largest manufacturer of musical instruments in the world.

I'm not sure a large factory would be the best place to learn about guitars. Assembly line production...yes.
  3. i dont think he's out for luthery coz he'll only be there for a month, i think he just wants to work assembly line.

Thanks for the info. ill pass it on BMC!

Bump for Monday Morning at work!