1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Chinese Mexican food

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Joe Nerve, Apr 12, 2009.

1. Joe Nerve

Joe Nerve Supporting Member

Oct 7, 2000
    New York City
    Endorsing artist: Musicman basses
    Is this still just a Bklyn. NY thing? Just curious as I sit here waiting for my delivery. This stuff rocks!

A while back people from other (even nearby) places had no clue what Chinese Mexican food was. Has it spread all over the world yet?

2. There is a Thai Mexican place out here, which just sounds bizarre to me. Never tried it though. Chinese Mescin is new to me.

3. Joe Nerve

Oct 7, 2000
    New York City
    Ahh... :) It was good.

4. MakiSupaStar

MakiSupaStar The Lowdown Diggler

Apr 12, 2006
    Huntington Beach, CA
    As the world gets smaller were gonna see all kinds of fusions and blends like this. Another one of my favorites is Japanese Italian food. We don't have the Chinese Mexican food here, because we've got the best Mexican food on the planet here. We allow mexicans and Koreans making sushi, and mexican chefs making eveything from French to Italian cuisines, but I'm not sure Chinese Mexican will fly here. We take our Mexican food seriously. ;)

5. Unrepresented

Unrepresented Something Borderline Offensive

Jul 1, 2006
    San Diego, CA
    There's a restaurant out in El Cajon that's called Chinese Food & Doughnuts.

I haven't been to it, but everytime I drive by I am tempted. I suspect it's more of a component rather than composite situation but the idea still intrigues me.

6. WickedPissah

WickedPissah

Jan 22, 2008
    Boston
    In Philly I saw a Chinese place with cheesesteaks.

7. Sure, the steak was from cat.

[​IMG]

8. Phalex

Phalex Semper Gumby Supporting Member

Oct 3, 2006
    G.R. MI
    The cheese may have been cat too. You know, you can milk anything with nipples!

9. I just threw up in my mouth.

10. DigMe

DigMe

Aug 10, 2002
    Waco, TX
    Is their logo a fat Buddha wearing a sombrero?

bc

11. was it chinese cuban? comida china?

chinese / spanish (mexican) can be filipino. take it from me - it's good eats.

12. Joe Gress

Joe Gress

Dec 22, 2005
    Pueblo, CO
    All the cooking around here is done by mexicans or koreans. :bag:

But it's still good stuff. Hey Eric, whats the name of that place?

[​IMG]

13. The Mexican Thai place? No idea. It's on Federal, somewhere by Jewel, on the east side of the st. I'm too scared to try it. ;)

14. Valerus

Valerus

Aug 4, 2005
    Austin, Texas
    as I glance left and stare your avatar in the eyes

15. Joe Gress

Joe Gress

Dec 22, 2005
    Pueblo, CO
    LMAO!!! Avatar's are dangerous if you become like one.:D

16. I just threw up in my mouth again.

17. NJL

NJL

Apr 12, 2002
    San Antonio
    pppfffttt...

we've had chinese mexican food joints in san antonio since before i was born. :spit:

18. Joe Nerve

Oct 7, 2000
    New York City
    Let me clarify. We have lots of pizzarias run by mexicans, and thai places run by who knows who... this is chinese/mexican food. not mexican food places run by chinese people. they're chinese food places making mexican take out food in the same kinda cartons and stuff as the chinese. a lot of the veggies are the same, they have numbered specials on the menu, and there's a chinese food vibe to whatever you order. the guys and girls speak very little english too, which makes it much more fun. I'm as addicted to this stuff as I am to taco bell. And I think I may live in the only place in the world that has it. Lots of em around too!

19. Joe Gress

Joe Gress

Dec 22, 2005
    Pueblo, CO
    Your in Texas. You don't count.:spit:

20. Joe Nerve

Oct 7, 2000
    New York City
    how old are you? :)