1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Chinese Mustang Copy

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Yakob, Apr 27, 2010.

1. Yakob

Yakob

Nov 15, 2009
    Philadelphia, PA
    Hey all (I'm starting to consider this my signature opening)...

I was poking around for a Mustang bass (I really want one, I'm even selling my other basses to get one), and I stumbled across this.

(Pics, just in case)
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Immediately, you can see some issues:
    1. One piece pickguard (no control plate)
    2. No headstock close up
    3. Seems too good to be true
    4. No identifying marks ("Made In"... / Serial numbers, etc)

Either way, I figure I should take the time to ask (because it's been brought up before), is it worth the time to buy something from this guy? Obviously it's going to be a far cry from an actual 'Stang, but if I have some spare cash one day and want a decent project bass, would it be worth it?

Any information would be appreciated!

-Yakob

2. DeanT

DeanT Send lawyers, guns and money...

The problem with buying form sites like this, besides the fact that it's a cheap Chinese copy of a Fender, is that the shipping is probably just as much as they want for the bass.

Personally I'd steer clear of this one. You can get a real Fender reissue Mustang for $750 new and about $600 used. Once shipping is added, the Chinese copy will probably be as much as a real one used.

3. Man this is same place that was making ripoff EBMM Big Als and Stingrays
    which as you can imagine has ruffled a few feathers in SLO
    (as they should be)

honestly if its not been tried and true
    I would stay away from this and just get a Bronco and mod it

4. Yakob

Yakob

Nov 15, 2009
    Philadelphia, PA
    Apparently, shipping is free on these:eyebrow:.

Well, obviously that would depend on the quality of these... What if they're worth 200 more than a Bronco? It could happen. Of course, that would require testing by someone with 350 bucks to blow, so it's not bloody likely to happen anytime soon.

5. Yakob

Yakob

Nov 15, 2009
    Philadelphia, PA
    Added another pic I found...