1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Chiyama Bass

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by DaveSensei, Jan 19, 2008.

1. DaveSensei

DaveSensei

Jan 19, 2008
    Hey guys. My father-in-law just gave me a bass today after he'd heard that I was looking to learn. It's about 30 years old and the brand name is Chiyama. It's stamped "Made in Japan" on the back. Four-string. Does anyone know much about these? It's in pretty decent shape for an attic instrument. I don't know what kind of strings to use or anything. Any help you can offer would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Dave

2. courtesy bump

pictures would help in the identification. As for strings, there should be a string sticky thread somewhere in the strings section of the forum.

3. DaveSensei

DaveSensei

Jan 19, 2008
    Here are some pics of the bass.

2209768748_cd1e1aa5cf.jpg
    2209767482_3c03a2b518.jpg
    2208971449_a19fde253e.jpg
    2209768088_4194d7f51e.jpg

4. Here's another courtesy bump for the OP. She looks like a beauty, keep her in good shape.

5. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

May 7, 2021