Choice between 2 basses

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by lakerkobe, Nov 5, 2002.

1. lakerkobe

Jun 17, 2002
    Portland, OR
    If you had to choose between a Cort Action bass for 175 dollars or a DeArmond Pilot Pro for 220 dollars, which would it be, assuming you (or I) like the way they both feel? Thanks.
  2. ldiezman

Jul 11, 2001
    If you like the way they both sound and feel... go with the cheaper one
  3. Those Guild Pilots may play and sound nice, but for me are too evocative of J-basses in an unflattering way that I would describe as FUGLY. Having said that, they are more unique, and that may be something you are factoring in. The Guild may also hold a better resale value, but I second the motion to go cheap. Besides, Cort has been getting a better rep recently, whereas Guild is merely a Fended resurrection job. BTW I believe those new tonewood Rogues are made by Cort--they sure look similar.
  4. Bryan R. Tyler

Bryan R. Tyler TalkBass: Usurping My Practice Time Since 2002 Staff Member Administrator Gold Supporting Member

May 3, 2002
    Are you dead-set on having one of those two basses?
  5. lakerkobe

Jun 17, 2002
    Portland, OR
    No I am not deadset..... but I want to stay under 200 dollars.
  6. Aaron

Jun 2, 2001
    Bellingham, WA
    If i were you, i'd save up and buy a better amp.
  7. StrudelBass

Jul 6, 2002
    I have the Cort Action Bass. It's lasted me 1 year already. Good entry bass with a neat little humbucker. There's better though but this baby does its job. I'm planning on replacing the body with a Custom Telebass body.
  8. funkasaurus

Apr 23, 2001
    Los Angeles
    I agree. You already have a MIA Jazz. It deserves more than a "cheap beginners amp" (from your profile) :D
  9. Nick man

Nick man

Apr 7, 2002
    Tampa Bay
    Id agree.

PS: I like Corts better than DeArmonds.